Chapter thirty-eight: "I feel this love and I feel it burn"

(Please tell me you get the title ref....)

Feather pov

I woke up to see the twilight. Nice. I need to go somewhere that Brandon would not let me go. I quietly slipped on my bag and walked out the door. I cringed as the floor creaked.

"Going somewhere?" I hear a voice behind me ask. I whip around to see Norkas standing right behind me.

"Yeah..... I'm going to the corruption." I say. He looks me up and down. I can tell he's about to turn me into Brandon, but he takes a step closer.

"Us miners have to stick together..." He said, handing me a few bombs. He motions me to go on.

"Thanks Norkas!" I say as I head out the door.

~~~~~~~~~

    I'm at the top of the tree, watching the sunrise. I'm close to the corruption. I read in one of Brandon's books that there's this special ore that's really powerful. I land in the ground and start walking towards the corruption. After a couple steps, chills go down my spine and the sky darkens. I'm here.  I keep walking, careful to not catch the eye of any Eaters of Souls. I had gotten used to the violet fog and walked with haste. Even though I didn't run into any monsters, my sword was still ready. I kept walking until I came across a chasm.

   Without thinking, I jump down. I land on the purple stone with a horrible crunch. My back ached in pain, but I had to continue. I got up off the stone and lit another torch. Water dripped from the ceiling. I shivered. It was pretty cold in this cave. I place torches as I keep walking. As I walked, something caught my eye. It was a purple orb. It was glowing! I walked closer. Funny...... It seemed to be whispering to me.... I was inches from it. Sounds and screams echoed from it, sending chills down my spine.

Break it.

What!!? Ki?!? Is that you?!?

Break it.

Dude.... You're scaring me.

BREAK IT! BREAK THE ORB!!

I quickly fused a bomb and took a step back. The orb exploded, sending chills down my spine. My back started feeling weird.... Like someone was playing drums on my spine. Very unsettling. I look at the ruins of the orb to see a purple mace. I picked it up to examine it. It looked pretty cool, radiating purple particles and all. I put it in my bag. I've never used a mace before.... Always learn something new.... I walked around the dark cavern some more. With each step I took, my back lurched in pain. More specifically, my right shoulder blade where the Eater of Souls bit me. I looked off into the cavern to see something familiar. It looked like that thing I found under that giant tree. A demon alter? Yes. I walked towards it. As soon as I got close, I heard a loud screech. No. I turn behind me to see a flock of Eater if Souls. No...... Sudden..... Movements..... I slowly pull out my magic mirror. One of them screeches as I look into the mirror and I'm back home.

I loom around the empty bedroom. Huh........ Where's Brandon?! I set my bag down and exit our bedroom. I walk down the hallway. Molly's bedroom door was open. I look inside to see Brandon laying on Molly's bed, covered in scorch marks.

Brandon POV

Feather's eyes widened as she saw me. I would of asked her where she was if I wasn't in so much pain. "Brandon!!!! What happened to you!!" She yelled as she ran over to me. I can't tell her the truth. I can't tell her how I was a hairline away from death. I had to think of a lie. I did a convincing chuckle. "Oh........ I had a bad incident with a torch..." I lied. She narrowed her eyes. She's not buying it!!! She gave me a sympathetic look.
"Brandon..... How?!?" She asked calmly, grabbing my hand. I began to sweat. Not because of her, but I had to come up with another lie. "Uhh.... I tried to see if slime was edible..... It is....." I continued, not 100% sure if the slime thing was correct. "Brandon.......... You're supposed to be the smart one! I worry for you." She said, squeezing my hand a little too hard. Molly walked over with some sort of health potion in her hand along with a water leaf. Molly looked at me with her murky green eyes.
"Brandon. Drink this potion while I rub the water leaf on your burns. It will sting...... A lot.." Molly said, tilting the potion up to my lips. I gulped down the potion. It helped a little bit. Then, a burning sensation went through my body. Molly put the water leaf on the biggest burn. I clutched Feather's hand, digging my nails into the back of her hand. Molly continued, the pain getting worse. My body started to feel numb. I heard Feather shouting my name as I drifted out of consciousness.

Author's note:   Hey guys! So sorry that this has been delayed, I couldn't think of any ideas for filler chapters. And I couldn't come up with a clever title so have a quote from one of my favorite songs. If you can tell me which song it is, I'll give you a shout out. 

Anyways, more chapters coming your way.

Have a nice day.

Bye bye Brudunskies

Peace.