Chapter thirty-two: Rescue mission

Feather POV

I awoke with someone dabbing my forehead with wet cloth. My vision was blurry, but I could make out a pair of familiar eyes.

"Ki?" I manage to croak out. My throat felt hoarse. He shushed me and started applying a bandage. I closed my eyes again and just listened.

"Is she going to be okay?" Another voice asked. The old man.

"Yes. Her wound isn't as bad as I thought." Ki said, turning towards the old man.

Ki POV (?)

It's amazing that she didn't get a huge wound. I finished cleaning the blood gashing from her forehead. Gross. A piece of hair fell in front of her face. I twirled it in my fingers and tucked it behind her ear. Heh. She must've fallen back to sleep. She looks kinda beautiful when she's asleep. I let my hand trace over her face. My other hand found her hand and laced my fingers with hers.

"Yeesh! Get a room!" The old guy said, rudely. Feather's eyes slowly fluttered open. Her mouth curved into a dreamy smile. Her eyes widened when she felt my hand in hers.

"Uh-hhhh?" she stuttered, her face becoming the color of the Crimson.

"What are you doing?" She asked me. I smiled.

"Admiring how beautiful you are..." I think in my mind. She gives me a confused look.

"You were WHAT?!?!?!?" She said, enraged. Did I say that last bit aloud?I must have because the next thing I know is that her fist was connecting with my jaw. I recoil in pain. The old man's jaw was dropped. Feather already sprang up. I tasted blood.

"What the HECK Did you do that for??!?! I say, spitting out blood. Feather gasped.

"I'm SO sorry! I didn't mean to make you spit out blood! To be honest, I didn't even know I could punch that hard!" She apologized frantically. I wiped the blood dripping from my chin.

"Hey..............It's okay. To be honest, I didn't even mean to say that thing aloud. My bad. Sorry." I say. She raised an eyebrow.

"WAIT! What are you even doing here??!?!?!" She asked in surprise.

Feather's POV

It did not even cross my mind that Ki was here. Actually here in the flesh!

"Heh, Well you see....I knew you wouldn't listen to me so I decided to save you." He explained. I gave him a weird look.

"You know that I had learned my lesson and I would of heeded your warning about a giant skull." I said, eyeing him. He started to sweat.

"Come to think of it, Why din't you warn me? It's like you wanted me to get killed or something" I continued.

"Feather- That's not the case-I----" Ki stuttered.

"He wanted to save you. Be a hero. Your knight in shining armor......" The old man interjected. We said nothing, but let him continue.

"That thing you saw, Feather, in the dungeon? That was the dungeon guardian. You may not enter until you free me of my curse. Once my master is defeated and my curse is lifted, the dungeon guardian will be gone and you may enter.....If you dare......" The old man explained. I sat back down on the blue brick.

"Say, how did you even get cursed and what is this curse about?" I ask. The old man sighs.

"I was just a young man, about your age, my dear, and I went out with my brothers. We were out by the ocean hunting orcas and sharks. But I heard a voice in my head. I wandered away from my brothers. The voice led me to a cave, where I was cursed by an evil spirit. All of a sudden, this dungeon rose and I could not leave. I watched as my brothers left me.................They left me.........." The old man continued, his eyes glowing a brighter red. I got up from the blue stone.

"What are you doing??!?!?!" Ki hissed. I put my bag over my shoulder and started walking towards the exit. I pulled out my magic mirror.

"What are you doing!" Ki asked again, firmly. I smiled.

"Rescue Mission" I replied.