Chapter ninety-four: Comfort...

Feather's point of view

"Feather..... It's okay... Calm down... I've got you.... Please..." Brandon whispered.

I opened my eyes.

I'm back in our room.

"Please calm down, Feather..." Brandon whispered in my ear. I then realized that his arms were wrapped around me and I was rocking back and forth, my knees pulled up to my chest.

I was drenched in sweat and was breathing heavily.

My eyes were swollen with tears.

"B-Brandon?" I stutter. I hear him gasp. His arms ease up.

I turn around to face him.

His eyes were wide and puffy.

"F-feather....." He hugged me tight.

"Don't scare me like that again!" He said, firmly. He pulled back and looked at me.

He cupped my face with his hand.

"You had me worried sick......" He said softly. His thumb ran over my cheek, brushing away a few stray tears.

A light blush appeared on his face and he jerked his hand back.

"S-sorry..." He muttered.

I turned my head to the side. Mainly, I was confused....

Last thing I remember, Brandon was burning....

Burst right into flames....

He was screaming.....

I watched him burn.

"Whoah! Whoah! Feather! Stay with me!" Brandon shook me a little, snapping me back to reality.

"S-sorry.... I d-don't know what came over me.." I apologize.

Brandon looked at me weird.

"Y-you had a nightmare... A bad one...You were screaming and crying... And then... You started sleep walking.... And by that, I mean hurling yourself against the floor.... Repeatedly... I.... I had to calm y-you down...." He explained.

I sniffled.

"I'm sorry...."

Brandon's point of view

I blinked in confusion.

"You have nothing to be sorry for...." I responded.

She looked awful...

Tears stained her cheeks, and she had a far away look in her eyes.

She lightly pushed me away.

"Right! S-sorry!" I stuttered. I quickly moved off of her bed.

She rolled onto her blanket as I sat back down on mine.

"Are you going to be alright?" I ask. She glances over at me a nods slowly.

I smiled.

"Good."

I pulled up my covers.

All of a sudden, I heard soft foot steps on the wooden floor. Small hands pushed me to the side of my bed and a slim figure climbed into my bed.

I roll over to my other side to see Feather, starring right back at me.

I felt myself blush.

She then scooted closer and nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck.

"Please don't leave me.... Brandon.... " She whispered.

She slipped her arms under my back.

"U-uhh..... I w-won't..."

Another lie.....

"Brandon..... What's happened to us?" Feather quietly asks. My heart skips a beat. I stay quiet for a few minutes.

"What do you mean by that?" I reply, curious. I'm still in shock that she is right next to me.....

"I mean.... Why have things changed..... With the thing with the fire and.... Me being ecstatic to see you.... And..... I don't know.... Things feel different... Almost like you've been acting different ..." Feather trailed off.

I forced a chuckle.

"It's been a rough week without you..... First---"

"No.... Not like that..... You're not acting like yourself..... You know you can talk to me.... " She tilted her head to look at me. I quickly look away, hoping my blush doesn't grow.

"Yeah... I know.... " I sighed.

"I just want my Brandon back...."

Author's note:

I'm mad.

Very.

Mad

Which explains the short chapter