Birds of a Feather Finale (Chapter 138: I Was Thinking about You)

Feather's point of view

With a frustrated scream, I slammed the front door shut behind me, trying my best to suppress any form of anger. Failing, I let out a frustrated wail and chucked my helmet into the ground.

Screaming, I had the urge to rip every single piece of the armor off of my body and hurl it towards the ground. With my eyes clouded with tears, I felt my body break down as I collapsed onto the ground.

Keep it together, Feather.

It's a wonder that I let something so simple as a man allow me to easily loose myself... But it's not just any ordinary man... it's Brandon.... my Brandon.

My love.... my Brandon!

But would you call it love? Would I call it love? Would I call someone who so easily gains control over me and allows myself to run into the ground my love?

It's not as easy to deny that.

Did I love him...? Yes. There is no undoubtably feeling that I loved him. I would carry myself to the ends of Terraria for his happiness. I loved him. But was I in love with him?

No.

No I wasn't.

If I was truly in love with him...I would of never torn myself apart. I would of found joy in not just him... but us... I would of took a step back... and allowed myself to love me as well as him.

But no. I wasn't in love with Brandon.

But why does this hurt so much? Why does he still have his hands wrapped around me, slowly choking me? Slowly letting any form of confidence or self control drain from my body?

Why do I do this to myself? Why is my love for Brandon forcing me to drain myself like this?

Slowly shivering and wiping away a tear, I think back to our argument.

Did I do the right thing by screaming out my frustration towards him? With a slight chuckle, I nod to myself. I know I did the right thing. I know that this is a good thing. Stating out loud each and every reason why I hate him.... why I have a reason to hate him... it made me feel slightly better...

But at what cost?

Why does this hurt so much?

Why do you do this to yourself, Feather?

Why do I hurt myself?

Why do I drag myself down to make him happy?

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I lie down on my back, slowly drying any stray tears. As my breath evened, I closed my eyes, letting myself breathe easy.

Feather...

...yes?

Please.... stop doing this to yourself.... please... stop destroying yourself to please a guy who will never be there in the end...

I-

Feather. Listen to me. You're here. Right now, You are here. You were thrown into the world by God know's who and you were built to survive.

You were built to survive, Feather. You were made to venture off and explore. You were built to defend all that is good in this world. You are built to make a difference.

Please... Go. Go off and make this world your own. Make all the evil tremble at your feet. Make yourself strong, Feather. Make yourself strong on your own.

You can do this. You will achieve many great things in this land, Feather. You will face great danger... you will feel love greater than you and yourself. You will defend this love with all of this might. You will Ward.

This world needs you, Feather. This world needs you to be a hero. Don't let one simple guy let your world crumble at your feet.

Go show the world what you're made of. Let the world mould you into something even greater than yourself.

I felt my breath catch and my bruised heart all but stop as Ki's words slowly sunk into me.

Please... Rise to your occasion.

The sum of his words finally reached to my core. I felt this odd weight lift off my bones. I felt this odd power drift and pound through my veins.

My breathing started to get more rapid as I instantly shot up.

He's right.

Ki is right.

I can do anything. I was thrown into this world to do amazing things.

As another tear dripped down my face, I quickly wiped it away, a sad smile on my face.

Hopping to my feet, I quickly grabbed my helmet. Turning it around in my hands, I gently wiped off the dirt smudges. Looking at my reflection in the meteorite helmet, I stare into my tires eyes and finally smile.

Slipping on the helmet, I grab my bag and set off into the forest, searching for what this land has in store for me.

Brandon's Point of View

Wincing, I step away from the window.

"I hope you're happy..." I growl, looking down at the ground. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch as Sebastian smiled, crossing his arms.

"Quite, Brandon." Sebastian said in a menacing tone, "It's quite satisfying to see Feather finally taking the path she was meant to take and leave you behind."

I remained silent as a tear rolled down my face.

"You finally convinced her, Huh? Was it my doing that you finally snapped?" Sebastian hissed. A chill ran down my spine as I remembered the burns that scarred my back.

"I knew if I trained you enough, you would finally find yourself in your place." He continued, making my head snap up to meet his.

"All that time... all that time spent searing burns into your back.... I did a good job... didn't I?" Sebastian added with a smirk.

I bit my lip, trying my hardest not to remember those late nights... those late nights spent trying not to scream... those late nights Sebastian spent, Burning my back with a torch each and every time he felt as if I was doing wrong.

It made me finally snap.

It made me break.

Sebastian broke me...

But at the cost of Feather's freedom.

I guess the sum of a hero is more important that the welfare of a simple guide...

Right?