Chapter 110 and a half: Almost love.

Brandon's point of view

"I'M SORRY!" I scream as I sit up in bed.

I choke out a small sob.

"I'm.... So.... Sorry....." I cry.

It took me a moment to realize something important. I was back in bed.

..... Did I even get out of bed?

"Brandon?"

Was that whole experience a dream?

Soft moonlight illuminated Feather's silhouette. She set down her bag and axe.

"Are you alright?" Feather approached me.

"Um..... Uhh..." Was there an appropriate response? I shook my head. Heck.... I don't even know how I feel right now.

"What happened?"  Feather sat down on the edge of my bed.

".... I had a nightmare...." I whisper, wiping a few tears away from my face. I hate crying in front of her..... I'm not supposed to be weak.

"Nightmare? What about?" She said in a soothing voice. Feather scooted closer.

"You...."

At this point, I had stopped crying, but that didn't stop the emotions I was experiencing.

I was hurt.... And empty. After all of that stuff I said in the dream.... And how she reacted...... Well....

I did deserve what she said in the dream...

"Me?" Feather asked, uncertain.

"Did I do something wrong?" She sounded hurt. Her emerald eyes were clouded over and she had a slight frown formed on her lips.

"By all means no!! I... Just...." She put her hand on top of mine.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She said soothingly.

"T-thanks..."

I'm glad. I don't exactly have the heart to tell her what I said. Best spare her the pain, and let her not know. Ignorance is bliss..... Right?

She leaned her head against my shoulder.

"I'm here for you Brandon.... I want you to know that.... You're always there for me when I have a nightmare... Or if I'm loosing confidence... Or... If I'm not feeling myself. You mean too much to me. It's hard to see you sad." Feather comforted.

I felt my ears become red.

"Thanks you Feather..... But really.... I shouldn't be this needy. You have more important things to focus on than me..." I reply.

Feather turned her head to look at me.

"You're my best friend! Of course I'll focus on you!" She said, softly.
Feather then nuzzled my arm, wanting me to hold her close.

No.... Brandon... That's stupid.... That's what you want...

But by all means.... All I want to do right now is hold her close and tell her how much I love her. To... Deny my destiny and live out my days with her....

Hm....

Not all dreams come true.....

".... But you have to focus on being a hero.... .. Just focus on that for a while."

Sebastian's words echoed in my head.

I gently shoved her off of my shoulder.

".... Goodnight Feather. I'm going back to sleep. You can.... Go back to what ever you were doing."

"Wait!!" She said softly. I paused monetarily and looked at her. I'm not sure if she could sense the emotion burning in my eyes.

".... What should our new house be made of?"

I gave her a half-hearted chuckle.

Is that what she's working on?

......

I stared at her for a while.

"Jungle wood." I say before rolling over to my side, blocking Feather from anymore conversation

I waited a couple minutes.

However, she didn't move.

"Brandon?" She asked. I could sense the fault in her voice.

"I.... I'm sorry?" She sounded like a small child. But.... She has nothing to be sorry for. It's my fault. It always will.

I stayed silence and pretended to be asleep.

She bent over me and lightly kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight my Guide." She whispered into my ear.

"Sweet dreams."