Chapter five: New people.

I Swung the door open. I frantically scanned the room for Brandon. He was sitting at the table reading a book about bunnies.

"Feather! Welcome back! It's been so-" He started before I threw my arms around him. I let the tears slip out effortlessly. Brandon's shoulders tensed before he put his arms around me.

"Brandon.........It was awful......." I weeped. He shushed me.

"I know.....I know...." He said softly. I continued sobbing with memories of the cave haunting me. I finally let go and wiped my eyes.

"I can imagine the horrors you've seen. Wait........you didn't rest at all when you were in the cave, did you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You need to rest. It's been two days since you first went underground." Brandon said. I slowly nodded, fatigue slowly taking over. I take off my armor and place it on the armor stand I made when I made the armor. My clothes are thick with sweat, blood, and dirt. I'll have to wash up after I sleep. I rest my bag against the wall. I then drop to the floor, numb with tiredness.

My dreams are worse than the caves. Tons of skeletons, and bats and these giant worms circle around me. They one by one get hits on me until I could no longer feel. I scream myself awake. Brandon was instantly by my side. I begin panting. That cave had destroyed my mentality more than I thought. Brandon looks at me with lots of concern.

"It was just a nightmare. I'm sorry if I worried you. " I apologize. I stretch my arms as Brandon walks back to his chair. Hmm. After I wash up, I'm going to expand the House. I take a stroll outside and find a pond. I jump in it. The water feels nice against my bruised skin. I begin scrubbing my hair and clothes. The blood and grime wash out nicely. I feel something nibble on my foot. It was a goldfish. I snatch it out of the water. It dies as soon as It hits air. Well......Looks like we have dinner. I dry off and make my way back to the house. I see Brandon talking with two figures. Brandon's eyes nervously scan the horizon until he spots me. He motions me to come over -quick. I rush over to them. As I come closer, I see that the figures are an old man with a lightly used brown, leather jacket and a young lady in a nurse uniform.

"Ah excuse me miss, Will you possibly know who the owner of this house is? This guide is starting to get on my nerves by saying this belongs to a person named 'Feather'?" The old dude asked.

"Uhhhhhh....Yeah.. My name is Feather. I am the owner/creator of this house. What do ya need?" I reply.

"Ah! well you see, I heard you have a standard amount of money and I wanted to set up shop here!" He said, beaming. I look over to Brandon. He shrugs.

"Ok! You can live here. I don't have any rooms yet, but I will be expanding later today." I explain.

"Neat!' The guy says, walking into the house. Brandon follows. That leaves me with the blonde lady.

"Ah can I help you Miss?' I ask her. She smiles.

"Hello! my name Is Molly. I am a nurse and I've heard that this place needs a nurse." She says, eyeing my bruises.

"Ok, you can live with us, same thing that I said to that old guy, follow me." I said, leading her inside. The old guy was sitting in a chair. Brandon's chair. Brandon was looking peeved. Hmm. I need to act fast.

"Hey! Umm.....Merchant....I don't think I caught your name?" I said, hoping to get him out of Brandon's chair before he did something regrettable. The Merchant leaped from the chair and took off his cap.

"My name is Gus, It's a pleasure to meet you." He said, kissing my hand. If Brandon was peeved, he surly was infuriated now. I walked away from Gus.

"Yo..........are you okay?" I asked Brandon. He inhaled sharply.

"Yeah........I'm fine. It's just that the merchant was getting under my skin. You know?" He said, faking a smile. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well anyways.......I need a favor.. Can you go through my bag and look at everything in there? I don't know what I can do with half those things?" I asked.

"Yeah..........I'll do that. What will you be doing in the mean time?" He replied.

"I will be expanding the house. Now that we have roommates, we are going to need more space." I said, grabbing my ax. I placed my foot outside when I hear Brandon say something.

"Be safe, Okay?" He says. I turn back and look into his dark brown eyes. My lips curl into a smile.

"Okay"