Chapter Ninety-eight: Love Birds

Brandon's Point of View

The next week followed, an uneasy feeling in the house. I eventually met the goblin tinkerer, he seemed nice, but I had an uneasy feeling about him.

The rest of the people in the house seemed on edge too. I think it's because of the events of the other day regarding Sebastian and Gus.

I don't like Sebastian that much.

He gives off a weird vibe... Or maybe it's because we both have something in common... Something evil....

....I shouldn't think about it...

...... On the contrary....

That's the reason I came outside....

Just to think...

Lately, I've been feeling weirder and I hope Feather hasn't picked up on that...

It's been weird ever since Feather returned.....

Maybe it's because she's defeated a boss..... And that means she's one step closer to the.....

Gah!

Why do I keep thinking about her??

Even when you're talking about your death.... It's always about her...

I guess that's the funny thing about love.....

.... You always put the other person before yourself....

I look up at the sky and admire the light blue afternoon. It's actually nice to have some alone time to think, since the house is getting cramped.

A slight smile forms on my lips as I hear birds chattering away in the treetops. I hear them whistle back and forth, seeming to communicate seamlessly. Jokingly, I echo back one of the whistles.

It goes quiet for a while before a bird swoops down and lands on the rock beside me.

It looks at me, tilting it's head slightly. It chirps a melody and waits, watching me intently. I echo back the song.

The cardinal hops closer. It then chirps and there's more rustling in the trees.

Several birds fly out of the trees and towards the cardinal.

Wow.....

Feather would loves this......

"Wow! How'd you do that???" A curious voice asked. I looked up to see Feather standing in front of me.

"I-I'm not really sure... I just repeated back what this Cardinal chirped." I replied, a little startled.

"That's so cool! You're like a bird-whisperer!" She joked.

I smiled as she looked on at me in amusement. I guess my time alone has ended...

"So what are you doing out here all alone?" She asked, a bird inching closer to her.

I shrugged.

"Just thinking. That's all..... Emotions are running high in the house..." I chuckle.

"You know... I've been thinking..."

"About?"

"Since things are getting so cramped back at home... Why don't I make a..... Town?"

I looked at her as she looked down at her idea.

"I think that's a wonderful idea...." I encourage.

She looks up at me.

"R-really??"

I smile and nod.

Her slight frown rests into an easy smile.

It's nice to be a source of encouragement....

If I'm not going to be there for her in the future.... I'm going to make the time I have with her count.

Sebastian's Point of View

"You know why we're talking.... Right Sebastian?" Chryseis asked, her eyes drilling into me. In the window behind her, I saw Feather and Brandon sitting together, birds surrounding them.

"I am well aware...." I replied, not taking my eyes off the love birds.

"Sebastian. History is repeating itself. You may not care, But For someone who was alive during that time of morose history, I surely don't want it to happen again." She said.

"Why does that idiotic guide care for her so much?" I growl.

"He loves her, Sebastian."

"Yes.... It's apparent, Chryseis." I snarl.

"I just need to knock some sense into him...surely he knows what----"

"He knows very well what he has to do, Sebastian."

"It's just..... Insane!..... Falling in this so called 'love' with the person who has to kill you." I ramble.

"Love is a sick, twisted pretentious game."

"I wouldn't even call it love."

She looked at me, violet eyes piercing my skull.

"You wouldn't?" She asked.

I nodded.

"He doesn't love her. He only has that sense to protect, To help. To guide. He doesn't have the heart to love his end." I explain.

Chryseis stays silent for a few moments.

"You are wrong, Sebastian. I sense great passion.... Almost like the hero before him."

"I don't care. She would never choose him. In life, she would want to be spared the heartbreak and choose the other person." I replied.

Chryseis sighed in defeat

"I just want her to be happy. Is that too much to ask? She plays such an important role in so many people's destinies..."

Feather's point of view

A cardinal hopped along my arm, eventually reaching my fingertips. It gives me a weird look before it stretches its wings and takes off towards the sky.

"You know, Feather?"

I looked at him.

"What is it, Brandon?" I reply.

His eyes seemed to light up as he looks into the sky, a warm smile forming on his face.

"I've always liked birds...."