Chapter sixty-eight: So long! Farewell!

Feather POV

I swung my silver sword in a circle. Here I stood in my room, wearing splintering wood armor, wielding my sword. My bag was firmly adjusted to my back.

Today was the day I was to take on Skeletron...........

I'm kind of nervous.

I adjust my climbing claws and make sure my hookshot is resting at my side. I take a deep breath and take off my helmet.

My footsteps echoed quietly through the house. Everyone was waiting in the main room to say goodbye. With my helmet resting under my arm, I open the door to the main room.

Everyone's eyes darted over to me. But I noticed Brandon's eyes averted first.

"So.......... I guess I'll be off soon...." I say, in attempt to break the silence. My voice was the only noise in the room for a solid five minutes.

Darius was the first one to speak up.

".........Well..... I guess this is goodbye then....." He said. The rest all murmured 'goodbyes'.

"Look, Feather. If you come back all beatin' and bruised, I want to be the first person you talk to. You're health is more important than greeting your friends." Molly lectures. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Molly." I say, smirking. Tears pricked in her eyes.

"...awwwwwwwww!" She cried, pulling me into a hug. Heh.... She acts like she's my mother, even though she's four years older than me. I guess you have to be caring to be a nurse.......

Yuptan was next.

"My Dear. You look absolutely fabulous. But when you get back, I simply must give you a lesson on dying your tired attire." Yuptan said. He then took the helmet from under my arm and examined it.

"What kind of wood is this? ...... Oh..... Normal oak wood. The only wood I would bother dying is rich mahogany. Dying any other wood is such a waste." He lectured before putting the helmet back in my arms.

He sighed. "Anyways, Good luck on your journey, Darling." Yuptan said.

Luca came up to me next.

"Don't die, Okay? If you do, I will personally use your blood as red paint.." He said, darkly. I could see Brandon's glare directed right at him.

Gus approached me.

"Make sure to come back with lots of loot! I'll be surely ready to make a deal with you." Gus said.

"I won't blow up the house" Norkas Piped up from across the room. I giggled. "Thanks guys." I say.

All of a sudden, Brandon grabbed my arm and pulled me into the previous room.

"Brandon? What's ----" I start before he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Don't die.....Okay?" He said.

"Ok Brandon, I will..... But why'd you pull me into this room to say that? You could've said that in the main room?" I ask, tilting my head. He pulled away as I noticed His cheeks became a noticeable shade of pink.

"Oh! Umm.. I j-just wanted to say goodbye personally....." He stuttered. I smiled. "Awww..... You're too sweet, Brandon." I say, ruffling his hair.

His eyes glaze over as he looks at me lovingly.

He placed his hand on my chin, his thumb tracing my jawline.

"Brandon?" I ask, my face surely flushing pink.

He became alert and turned away.

"Uhh.... So you better get going if you want to arrive before nightfall...." He said. Oh! That's right! I wanted to leave just before sunrise so I could survey the dungeon in daylight.

"Right......" I say, putting my helmet on.

I turn my back and walk towards the door to the main room. Just as I was about to turn the handle, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Be safe........My hero..." Brandon said, smiling.

"You too, My guide. I'll see you soon..." I reply, walking into the main room.

As the door clicks shut, I have everyone's attention

"Well....... I guess I'll be on my way now......I'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon..." I say.

Everyone murmured 'goodbyes'

I then walked across the room, Waving bye to all my friends.

It's time I start fulfilling my role as hero.

As I was writing, It dawned upon me that this is one of the most, if not the most, Lovey-dovey Terraria fanfiction......

Tell me what you think.

Anyways.

Bye bye Brudunskies

Peace.