Ninety-seven: Emotional

Brandon's point of view

The rest of the day continued on, a dreary atmosphere clouding the house. In fact, It even started to rain. Feather was quiet and morose as she worked on another set of wood armor.

"You know, You could make armor out of metal, that way it will last longer." I suggested. She looked at me for a moment.

"I don't want the armor to be hot.... Or heavy..." She said.

I sighed.

She certainly doesn't have the right gear to defeat any bosses, especially not the...... 

"Feather, you know you'll have to have better armor to defeat the other bosses, right?" I asked.

"Other..... Bosses?" She repeated, uncertain. I nodded.

"So.... You might want metal armor." I said again.

She gave me a half-amused look

.....and continued working on the wood armor.

"I'll make metal armor when I find the right metal." She said, quickly following my statement.

Her eyes drifted up towards the window, coldness seeping through the pane.

Feather sighed and stood up.

"I think I'm going to get some rest." Her voice was soft.

I think she's still shaken up about the events of this morning.

I mean.... I was....

"Hey. Are you alright?" I ask as she turns her back to me. She quickly turns around and finds my eyes.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She replied.

And if I have the slightest bit of common sense, I know that she's lying.

I grab her arm and pull her into
A tight hug.

"You and I both know you're lying. What's up?" I whisper into her ear.

And out of the blue,

She starts crying.

I hug her tighter.

"Please don't cry...." I whisper.

She forces a laugh.

"I'm... I'm sorry... I.... Was just thinking about the question I asked you earlier... And... Well.... Just please, Don't die... I can't live without my best friend." She asked sniffling.

She pulled away and looked at me.

"I love you, Brandon..... Protective love, right?" She said winking.

I felt myself blush.

I knew she was joking with me.

"I love you too, Feather." I reply,"Protective love"

I felt my heart sink.

She will never know the true emotion behind those words.

And the words we uttered now, were not love, but yet, a deep connection. The emotion we feel between us is not love.

It's the sense of protection. The sense to be there for one's self.

It will never be love,

And she will never know.

Feather's point of view

Brandon's rich brown eyes stared into mine with a sad look..

"Something the matter?" I ask. I hope he doesn't think that it was weird that I said I loved him. I mean, friends love eachother, right? And it's not like I actually meant it...

I raised an eyebrow, but suddenly...

Something happened.

His eyes changed.

Not the color, but The emotion behind it. It now gave off a sense of longing and pity.

"I'm sorry, Fiona...." He said, putting a hand on my cheek.

In an instant, his eyes changed again, this time, filling with confusion.

"Are you okay?"

He called me that name again.

Fiona.

Yes...

Why does that keep happening?

Why did his eyes change?

However..

One thing is for certain.

Who ever said that... And called me by that name...

... Was not Brandon

I'm sorry for the terrible chapter, I really tried to just get one out, I'm going through an emotional time.

.... Heck. Everyone around me is.

I'd rather not dwell on it....

But I am sorry. I really should put better effort into these chapters and trying to update more.