Chapter sixty-six: Fear or be feared

Brandon POV

A loud thud came from the other side of the hill. I had watched two figures fall from the platform and battle-----

Please tell me that wasn't Feather.......

Please. Oh gosh.....

She's not strong enough to survive a drop like that! She hasn't absorbed enough life crystals!

I take off running to the field. I jump off the top of the hill and land into the water below. I float up to the surface and bolt out of the water.

My eyes widened why I see two bodies, Covered in blood and in a small crater. A lump formed in my throat when I see a familiar one, Covered in her own blood, dirt, and a strange purple liquid.

"FEATHER!!!!!"  I yell. I jump down into the crater. She's unresponsive.... I then notice the other body, Coughing.

I shake Ki.

"Ki!! Ki!!!? What happened???" I ask. He coughs up a bit of blood.

"Feather----- she...... She...." He started. He had this pained look in his eyes. I grab his neck.

"I swear to the heavens above that if she dies because of some stupid thing you did, I will not hesitate to rip you apart myself.." I say, shaking. I had never been this dead serious before.

"Uuggghhhhhh~" Feather groans. I shove Ki into the ground and rush to her side.

"Feather?!? Feather??? Can you hear me!??" I ask.

".........B.....bran..... Brandon...." She mumbled. Her breathing got slower.

"Feather! I'm going to get you and Ki some help!" I said. I had to think fast. I have to carry them. But..... I can't carry them both.

"Brandon? What happen--- Oh my gosh...." A raspy voice says. I turn around to see Darius, with a horrified expression on his face.

"Darius..... You've got to help me.." I plead. "S-sure.... What do you need me to do?" He asks.

What? He'd actually being nice!? Well, In a different circumstance, I would of dwelled on the topic, But Feather's life is at steak!

I instruct him to pick up Ki as I pick up Feather. She cracks open her eyes.

"...... Brandon?" She mumbled.

"Shhh shhh shh.... Just..... Hang in there......Please..." I say softly. She closes her eyes as me and Darius make our way back to the house.

~•~

The two were sound asleep when Darius and I set the two down on the beds in me and Feather's room. After two hours of Molly wrapping the two up in bandages, Ki wakes up.

"Ki! What on Terraria happened??" I ask. He lowers his head.

"Fear......... It took over her...." He said vaguely. He motioned his head toward Feather.

"Molly, Do you think you could give us a moment?" Ki asked. Molly gave me a questioning look before she gave a sheepish 'Sure'.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, lowering my voice.

"I'm talking about her fear. It took over her, made her go crazy. She wanted me dead and pushed us off the platform!" He said, eyes wide.