Chapter eighty-five: Cut-Lass

Feather's POV

I wiggled on the floor, desperate to see what was going on. All I could hear was the sound of metal clashing. I flipped over onto my back.

To my horror, I see Ki pinned against the door, his sword a few feet away from him, Black Beard's cutlass resting against his neck. Ki's eyes nervously darted towards me.

Feather. I'm going to subtly kick this magic mirror over to you and you are going to look in it.

But-----

I noticed Ki's eyes look at Black Beard as his foot inches towards a magic mirror. He kicks in in my direction, not looking away from Black Beard. The magic mirror was still far from me.

"Ahaha, Trying to defend ye lass, How did that work for ya?" Black Beard cackled.

"She's not my 'lass'" Ki said, gritting his teeth as the sword grazed his neck.

"AAARRREE, AHAHA!  Then why do you care so much about 'er, Lad?" Black Beard said, laughing.

"I just do." Ki said, flatly. Black Beard's laughter echoes through the room.

"Eyye, But the real question is, How is she not your lassie? Do ye think she's not beautiful?" Black Beard asked.

Ki glanced over at me and then the mirror, which was still a little ways away from me.

"She's...... Nice...." Ki said, gulping. Black Beard then grabbed him by the collar of his robes and pulled him up.

Black Beard shoved Ki towards me, holding him by the back of his robes. He pressed his cutlass against the back of his neck.

"Ahaha, Lad, I want you to look this lassie directly in the eyes and say that she's not beautiful." Black Beard ordered.

Ki nervously glanced to the magic mirror resting at his foot.

"Arrrreee what are ye waiting for?" Black Beard said. Ki looked into my eyes.

Are you ready?

Wait..... Whoah whoah whoah! I want to see what you will do first!

Ki narrowed his eyes.

Are you serious!? I'm about to kick this mirror over to you for you to escape and you want me to tell you you're not beautiful???

Hmm. I just want to see if you would actually tell me or not.

Feather! We don't have time for this! The blade is slowly sinking into my neck!

Fine.

Ki then kicked the mirror towards me and I gazed into it.

The pirates gasped as I disappeared, leaving the ropes on the floor. I reappeared right by the unblocked door.

Run.

I give Ki a confused glance.

No...... I'm not leaving you....

"FEATHER! RUN!" He yells. All of the pirates turn towards me. I start panicking as I grab my silver sword.

There's no way out of this..... I guess I'll have to fight.

"AAAAARRRRGGG" I cry as I charge into the group of pirates, swinging my sword. Black Beard shoves Ki to the ground as he charges towards me.

Ki scrambled to his feet and grabbed his sword. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a pirate wielding a cutlass. Just as he was about to slice my shoulder, I dodge and shank him in the side.

The corsair grabbed his side as his blood poured out onto the floor. He then slashed his cutlass, aiming for my head. I crane my neck, but the blade slightly grazes it, a thin stream of blood pouring out.

I elbowed him in the ribs, shoving him down on the ground. The silver sword punctured his chest, blood splattering on the floor as he disintegrated into dust.

More pirates crashed through the door as Ki sliced through a group with ease.

All of a sudden, I'm pushed to the ground. My head smacks against the wooden floor, making my ears ring. I quickly roll onto my back, simeoitanisouly dodging another cutlass.

I look up to see a pirate with an eyepatch, aiming a gun at me.

"Arrrg. Unfortunately for you, lass, I never miss." The dead-eye said. His gun drifted between me and the floor. I close my eyes, expecting to dodge a shower of bullets, but I'm met with a gargling sound. I open one eye to see the dead-eye, blood sputtering out of his mouth.

Ki's sword was impaled through his stomach. Ki then yanked the sword back and shoved him to the ground.

"Enjoy your depth perception!" Ki muttered under his breath. He offered me his hand and helped me up.

We continued battling through the sea of pirates, back to back. However, on my side, pirates were gaining on me because I couldn't kill enough of them fast enough. I could tell Ki was getting frustrated on having to help me out.

"Here!" Ki snapped, pressing the handle of a cutlass into my hands.

"Use this!" He said, turning back to a crossbower and slicing her head off. A few beads of sweat poured off of his forehead.

I was puzzled at first. The cutlass was just a little bit heavier, but worked so much better. It....... Felt right...... To be wielding this sword......

I don't know..... It's a weird feeling. Like, I was supposed to use this sword....

"LASSIE!" A voice screeches. A shockwave pulses through the room. Everything stops.

The pirates and Ki froze where they are, almost mystically.

Black Beard points his cutlass at my neck.

"You. Me. Duel. I thought it would be easy and you would be my lass. But no." Black Beard leered.

"You could of been mine. But now I'll have to find amusement in ripping your spine out."

Author's note:

I am veryy loopy due to lack of sleep.

In other words:

Ladies and gentlemen!

The birth of one of my famous cliches!

The Cutlass!

Also:

I wrote the epilogue to this book last night......