Chapter seven: Rainy day blues.

I woke up to a clap of thunder. It was now then I felt something soft covering me. What the heck? I notice that Brandon didn't have a blanket. I look closer at the thing covering me. It was his blanket.

"Awwwww........Brandon......." I say. He's still fast asleep. It's a wonder that the thunder didn't wake him up. I then feel the chilliness of the rain seeping through the walls. I bury my face it the blanket and take a deep breath. It smells like fresh air and piney woods. I guess this is what Brandon smells like? Well, he certainly smells better that me. Then again, He hasn't been spelunking in caves or building out in the heat of day. I Hear another roar of thunder. I cover my mouth to keep me from waking Brandon up. I slowly pick myself off the ground. I wonder if anyone else is up? I pick up the blanket and place it back over Brandon. I creep out the room. I look around at the darkened hallway and see that all the doors are closed. I make my way to the kitchen. I see that Gus is sitting at the kitchen table, watching the rain. He glances over at me before his gaze continues to the rain.He has a faraway look in his eye.

"Hey Gus, You okay?" I ask. He sighs.

"Yeah.......I should be fine......It's just......."He starts. I take a seat next to him.

"It's just what?" I ask, wanting him to continue.

"I had a wife..........Her name was Rain. And well...........You remind me so much of her." He said, Keeping his gaze on the rain.

"I'm sorry to hear that.....I can't imagine what it would be like to loose someone you love" I say softly. He chuckles.

"Well............I suppose I have to carry on. Life doesn't last forever....." He says. I nod. A silence brews over us just as loud as the storm outside. He starts stroking his beard.

"Say......Feather.........Would you like to purchase anything?" He asks, glancing over me. As the kind saint I am, I agree. He jumps up and motions me to follow him. I walk inside his room to see several crates lining the walls.

"I got spoons, forks, Flares, ammo, potions, food, dust All things for travelers and more!" He says in a business-y voice. I take a look at the food selection. I purchase the ingredients for a favorite breakfast meal, along with some dining utensils and some other foods and stuff. Hmm. After I make breakfast, I'll have to build a cupboard. I grab a pan that I bought and brought it over to the furnace. I started to mix the ingredients in a separate bowl. I pour the batter in the pan and start 'flipping out' aha aha aha aha.

"Pancakes?" Molly said, Yawning as she walked in. I smiled.

"Yup! Here's a plate!" I say, Handing her a plate and a fork. Gus sets out a bottle of syrup. Where does he get all this stuff? Well, I guess he is a merchant.

"Hey Feather, You might want to go wake up your boyfriend before all the pancakes are gone." Gus joked. Unfortunately, i had taken a bite of my pancakes when Gus said that. I choked on my pancake.

"My WHAT?" I ask, spitting the bite out. Molly and Gus give each other looks.

"Brandon is your boyfriend.......Right?" Molly asked. I gave her a confused look.

"What!? No! No no No no!" I stutter.

"Oh- well, we just assumed from the way he looks at you, trust me- That guy's in love!" Molly apologized.

"Pffft, Come talk to me when you find your marbles because YOU HAVE SEEM TO HAVE LOST THEM!" I shout.

"She's right, Y'know....." Gus said, trailing off. Thunder fills the room. I inhale sharply.

"I'm going to wake up Brandon now." I say, walking down the hall.