Chapter thirty-nine: "All I need is a little love in my life"

Feather's Pov

Molly told me that Brabdon would be alright. I sighed in relief as I pried his hand off mine. I walked back to the room and plopped down on my bed. I could go mining since the corruption thing was kinda a bust....... I quickly emptied my bag and reorganized it. I picked up the purple mace. Hmm. I flailed it around. As it was swinging around, It accidentally hit into me. Ow! That hurt. No way am I going to use this...... Ball O hurt!

I put it back into my bag. I sling my bag over my shoulder as I walked out again. Hmm. I should try something different. I moved a little ways away from the house and started digging down. I started picking off the ores in the walls. Sure, I was a bit claustrophobic but it was a more efficient way of mining! Sort of.....I kept digging until I heard the trickle of water. Hm? There must be a cave under me.... I'll have to be careful..... And by careful, I mean keep digging straight down until I hit the cave.

That's a bad idea.

Hmph?

What? Are you not going to talk to me?

Hmm!

What did I do?

You were being creepy back in the corruption!

What?--- I haven't talked you today......

But if it wasn't you then-------- Skeletron.

What?-

I heard the stone below my feet give way. I tumblr towards the stone. Ugh.... I found the cave at least.... I felt something wet on my knee. I grimace as I see the knees on my jeans soaked with blood. I really should've made some more wood armor. I lit a torch and look around. I see a pink glow come within the depths of the cavern. I follow the glow.

Just as I jump down a bit, I see something I'll need. A life crystal. I quickly pick it up and absorb it. I felt a little bit stronger. Seeing a dead end, I backtrack and continue digging. Stone after stone, I continue into the depths of Terraria. The faint sound of bats screeching fills my ears. Another cave? I hasten my mining speed. The enclosed space opened up to another cavern. This time, I lowered a rope and reached the ground safely. Or..... So I thought.

I turn around to see a skeleton and two bats. The bats whirled around my head as the skeleton charged towards me. I didn't have time to pull out my sword, instead, my fist made contact with the skeleton's skull, twisting it around. This gave me enough time to pull out my sword and stab it into the skeleton. It landed on the ground with a thud. Now for the bats. I sliced through both of them with ease. Nice!

I pick up the coins that fell. Why were bats carrying coins? Oh well, free money. I spark another torch and place it on the wall. This cave was bigger than the first one, with what seemed to be floating stone. I noticed a familiar pink glow from the top. Another Life Crystal! I pull out my hook shot and landed on top of the stone. I smashed it and absorbed it.

How many have I absorbed? Four? I wonder how many I could absorb? Hmm. I should really get back up to the surface soon. I'm getting sick of these caves. I was just about to pull out my magic mirror when I look across the cave and see the pink glow.

Another Life crystal?!?? I hook over to it and absorbs it. I really need to get out of here now. I pull out the mirror and stare at my reflection until I'm back home.

Author's note: Can you guess the title reference? I don't know why I keep doing lyrics from songs. If I continue doing this, I'm going to have to make it more difficult. First person to guess today's title ref, gets a shoutout. (Or if you have any better ideas?)

Shoutouts:

The first person that guessed yesterday's chapter title:

RedstoneCyborg He has an awesome Terraria book series that I recommend. It's awesome!

The person who said the next lyrics from memory: Night_Skrill Well...... This is Ki. Yes, The Ki from the story. Go check him out. He's awesome.