Chapter 134: Undiluted Hatred

Brandon's Point of View

I didn't stop Feather when she started hitting me.

She began thrashing around, continuously punching my body.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you" Feather whispered weakly. I turned my head to avoid seeing the tears spilling out of her eyes. Her lips shone light red, from blood spilling out of her nose from the effort she's exerting.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Each one felt like a bullet to the heart, painful and sending aches through my body.

Each one of those felt worse than the punches I was getting.

"You.... you almost killed me! She screeched, sending painful blows to my stomach.

I deserve this...

I deserve this...

I deserve this..

Molly stood ideally nearby. However, When Feather tried to stand up to strangle me, Molly rushed to her side and kept her lying down.

".... it's best you leave now..." Molly cut her eyes at me.

Some time before...

"What happened to them??" Even though my eyes were closed, I could tell who it was. Darius.

"I mean... lookin'  at them outside... it... didn't look too bad... but now..."

"I'm not sure what happened, But I think Brandon might know. He was awake momentarily before passing out again,"

Molly.

"You think he'd wake up? He's out like a light..."

"Better than waking up Feather. Heck... with the state she's in... " Molly trailed off, her voice cracking.

".... Just go check on her again and change her IV.."

I listened as Darius shuffled off.

"Brandon?? Wake up, Brandon..."  Molly gently shook my side. When I opened my eyes. She was peering down at me with her murky green eyes.

I don't notice my mouth dipped into a frown until Molly pointed it out.

"What's the matter?" I avoided Molly's questioning eyes.

"I... it was my fault.... It's my fault Feather's like this..." I squeeze my eyes shut and avoid the tears that inevitably come rolling down my face.

When I open them again, Molly's looking at me in disbelief.

"No... Brandon... no no...... I'm sure you didn't mean ---"

"IT WAS MY FAULT, MOLLY! MY IDEA! MY FAULT! I PUT TO MUCH WEIGH ON HER WEAK SHOULDERS!"

Instantly, Darius popped next to Molly's side.

"Hey! What happening over here??" Darius narrowed his eyes.

Molly waved her hand.