Chapter fourteen: Nightmares

Brandon's POV

I wanna kill Molly and Gus! I can't believe feather hasn't caught on yet! She is so dense! Huh......Irony at it's finest. Right now, I was sitting on Feather's bed, holding her hand.

"Well.......That's thirty minutes!" Feather said, letting go. Aw. She then hops up.

"I'm gonna go expand the house, You probably want our own room." Feather says. I quickly stand up.

"N-nn-no I don't mind...." I say quickly. I then notice that we are standing really close. We may be about the same age, but I'm about five inches taller than her. I peer down on her. She moves away and grabs some wood from her chest.

"O-oo-ok? Well, I kinda want to have extra rooms for storage, maybe a kitchen, or a armory..." She said, trailing off. She grabs her ax.

'Watch the house,K?" She says. I nod.

Feather's pov

I built two more rooms before the sun set. I walked in the house to see the a dinner of mushroom soup had been served. I skipped dinner and went straight to the bedroom. I lied down on the bed. Brandon walked in moments later.

"Hey.............." He said.

'Sup"

"So....uhhhh I saw that you built two more rooms. What purpose are they gonna serve?" He asks. I Clicked my tongue for a bit.
"Storage and armory." I reply flatly. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

My dreams are filled with the horror of the caves. HUh. Haven't had this one in a while. I guess being in the cave has sparked some memories. The monsters ripped my from limb to limb, The catch was, I could feel it! I cried out in pain, but I was all alone. No body was there to help. I saw my blood splatter against the stone. My head began to feel dizzy. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Feather! Wake up!" I hear a familiar voice say, shaking me. I open my eyes from the cave to see Brandon shaking me awake.

"Feather! Please!" Brandon pleads.
"Brandon......................What happened?" I ask, opening my eyes fully. I then notice that he was crying a little.

"You were having a nightmare... and you were screaming out 'Help me' so I helped the only way I could." He said. I sniffle to see that my face is covered in tears.

"Hey...........are you okay?" He asks softly. I shake my head and sit up so that my back is against the wall. He climbs into my bed and sits next to me.

'Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I nod.
"I was back in the cave, and the monsters were ripping me from limb to limb. And I could feel it. I yelled out for help- but no one came. No one was there to help. It hurt." I say before I begin crying. He put his arm around me and allowed me to cry. He kept patting me and saying that everything was gonna be alright.

"Feather........Look at me." He said. I raised my head and stare into his dark brown eyes full of compassion. He lifted my chin up with his hand. He wiped away a tear that I was not aware that fallen.

"I will always be there to help you." He said softly. Our faces were mere inches apart. He smiled his wonderful smile and remove his hand. We both looked in opposite directions.
"Thank you, Brandon. I'll always be here to protect you." I say, resting my head on his shoulder. He places his chin on my head and held me close. I soon began to drift back off to sleep.

I woke up hearing Brandon's soft snores. Huh! That was a weird dream.. I look over to his bed and expect him to be there, only to realize that he is sitting right beside me. I stay where I was for a few more minutes, enjoying Brandon's comfort. I bury my face in his shoulder and inhale. Pine trees and fresh air.

I allow myself a few more minutes of sleep before I shake Brandon lightly. His eyes slowly open. As soon as he sees me his face turns bright red.

'Uhhh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep!" He said. I smiled.

"I didn't either. But I didn't mind. Thank you Brandon. Now, lets go make some breakfast." He smiles and nod in agreement. We both get up and walk to the kitchen