Chapter 117: Feel the burn

Feather's Point of View

Y-yeah.... There's a meteor not that far from here....You can collect meteorite and make cool stuff with it!

.........

With a little disappointment, I put the mirror back into my bag. But quickly, the disappointment turned into curiosity.

Meteorite? ...... I wonder what I can make out of it...

Well... W-what are you w-waiting for?! Go! Adventure some m-more!

......are you okay, Ki?

Yeah.... I'm fine, Feather. I just don't want you to miss out on the meteorite.... There's still more for your to do... More to see!

Alright.. If you think so..

I guess seeing Brandon will have to wait a little longer.

Maybe.... Maybe the next time I see him... I'll tell him.... I'll tell him how I f-feel.....maybe...

Go Feather! Meteorite isn't going to mine itself!

I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts of Brandon out of my head.

I just have to focus on this adventure, then....I'll be with Brandon....

I took another step as the boots seemed to be easier to control.

In a few quick steps, I was already climbing up the cave wall.

Brandon's point of View

"Brandon..... Are you feeling alright?" I ignored Gus' question and continued flipping through the pages of my book.

"Brandon. Answer me." Gus demanded. I sighed and looked up at him, an unamused look on my face.

"Yeah, Gus. He's fine." I narrowed my eyes at the figure who walked into the room.

Gus turned to look at Sebastian.

"Let him speak for himself, Sebastian" Gus glared at his brother before he turned his attention back towards me.

"Are you alright, Brandon?" His eyes drifted towards the bandages on my arm. Fresh bandages that is....

I nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Ah... I bet you miss Feather, Don't you....." Gus nudged my shoulder and smiled.

"Ahh... To be young and in love again." Gus said, Wistfully. I couldn't help but blush, a small smile on my lips.

But then, I looked at Sebastian. His eyes were narrowed at me.

I squeaked and looked back at my book, heavy-hearted.

Gus must of noticed this

"Hey.... You know you can tell me what's wrong, right Bud?" Gus asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shook his hand off.

"He's fine Gus. Just stop bothering him." Sebastian's scornful gaze never left. If anything, It intensified.

Gus looked at me with a sad look.