Chapter thirty-seven: Teach me how to fight.

Brandon's pov

The day went on with tension between Feather and I. While helping out with Molly and Darius' date, she kept starring at me. Her face was also a light shade of pink. Hmm. I'll have to talk to her later. Night time finally came as I crept under my covers. Feather walked in, not saying a word. She pulled up her covers and turned on her side, facing away from me. I think that she's a little peeved from earlier.........

Feather's POV

Funny how I had that dream right before Brandon Pwned me...... What if Skeletron was right? I probably am weak......I'm no hero. I can't even fight like one! Soon, Brandon's soft snores filled the room. I turned over on my back. That duel.........I wasn't myself after it......I started feeling differently.... I shook my head. I need to train. I crept out of my bed and grabbed my sliver sword. I looked at my armor stand. Hmm. This will have to do.

I gripped my sword tight before I heard some stirring behind me. Brandon was up and also had a different sword. I then realize that this was a copper sword. The one I had my first night here......

"So you must be pretty serious about training, Huh?" He asks. I nod.

We each take a step towards each other. Our eyes scanned each other. I looked into his dark brown eyes. The once soft colored eyes I looked into before were cold and calculating.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks. I nod again. I'm not sure if I could do this..... Last battle, I didn't feel like myself. I was distracted last battle by something....Something about Brandon.....Hmm. He gave me an empathetic smile and charged.

Just as he was about to hit me, I blocked. He darted and tried to surprise me from the other side, but my sword was there. He raised an eyebrow in surprise, but continued on.

"Hmm. You've gotten better. " He said, swinging again. He didn't act surprised. Kinda like he expected it. I noticed he was advancing on me. Like earlier..... After the battle......when he laced his fingers through mine......All I could think about was how soft his hand was......I was caught off guard by Brandon striking me in the shoulder. I hear a cracking sound as I recoil in pain. He used my pain to his advantage by using the flat side of his sword to hit me in the side, I toppled over on the ground and hit my head. I dropped my sword as I heard a crunching sound as I fell on the ground.

I turned over on my stomach as I spit out blood. I looked into his eyes. There was some deeper meaning in them. He didn't smile or help me, instead he just stood there. He wants me to get up on my own.....Prove that I'm strong....I tried to get up, but instead he knocked me down again. I landed on the ground with another horrifying crunch. My back screeched in pain. I grimaced and looked back up to him. He was smiling. Rage surged through my blood. I roared and lept on my feet, sword in hand. I tried striking him, but he blocked

I grit my teeth and swing again, aiming for his shoulder. I make contact with his skin, but it doesn't faze him. Instead he knocks me in the rib and I tumble down again. I sit their, panting, trying to catch my breath since he knocked the wind out of me. I kept my hand gripped on the hilt of my sword. I catch Brandon looking at me through the corner of my eye. He went down on his knee and offered to help me up.

I look at him for a moment. His eyes were soft again, showing me sympathy. I take his hand and get up. He smiled at me. Instead of letting go, I rammed him and knocked my sword on his stomach. His eyes instantly turned cold. He sliced my arm. A bit of blood poured out, but I would not give up. I struck him again, this time on his chest. A thin stream of blood pours, but I don't stop there. He grabs his chest as his sword clatters to the ground. I punch him in his arm so hear that I can hear a bone pop. He groaned in pain. I took one last look at him before I elbowed him in the chest. I think I heard a rib crack. He fell on the ground. I stood still for a moment, hearing the blood pump through my ears. So much adrenaline.... I then realize what I've done. I look on in horror as Brandon was laying on the ground in pain. An Immense wave of guilt washed over me. I fell to my knees and looked at Brandon.

"BRANDON?!!?! oh my gosh! What have I done?" I said, looking at him. Tears brimmed in my eyes. He wasn't moving and his eyes were close. All of a sudden, His eyes fluttered open. I expected him to show some sigh of hatred, maybe a snarl or narrowing his eyes, but he smiled.

"See? I told you you were strong." He said. I lifted him up.

"Brandon....I'm so sorry.." I say softly. He chuckled.

"Don't worry about it. Now. Can you help me up?" He asked. I nodded and pulled him up. I helped him to his bed. He was breathing heavily. I then noticed that the stream of blood from his chest did not stop.

"Brandon.....I'm going to get Molly..." I say. He coughs.

"No! No no no! It's late at night! Besides, we can fix this ourselves..." He said. I looked at him.

"How!?!!?" I ask, puzzled. He motion over to my bag.

"Get one of those bottles of red liquid and a cloth..." He said. I did what I was told and pulled out a lesser healing potion and a piece of fabric. I walked back over to him and handed him the bottle. He drank it until it was half way empty. Errr. Half full? He took a deep breath.

"Now. Help me take of my shirt." He asked. I blinked in shock. D-did I hear him right? D-d-dd-did he just-?

"What?" I asked dumbly. His face became red.

"I n-nn-need you to help me t-tt-take off my shirt...To clean and patch up the wound..." He stuttered. I felt my face heat up as I helped slip his shirt off. I stared at his well-sculpted chest.

"Now. Pour some of the health potion on the cloth and start wiping away the blood." He instructed. I started wiping away blood as the wound slowly started to close. I sighed in relief. Soon, Brandon's shirt was back on. I sat on his bed.

"Hey......You put up a good challenge...." He said quietly. I shrugged.

"I'm sorry this I hurt you badly......" I said, trailing off. He looked at me for a moment.

"I knew you had potential..... I wanted to bring it out, so I had to push... You are really strong. You just couldn't tap into your inner strength.." He explained. I got up and walked over to my bed, full of fatigue. I get under the covers.

"Oh! Feather....." Brandon says.

"Yeah?"

"I think you're better than me now...' He says, remarking from earlier.

I smile.

"Goodnight Brandon...." I say, slowly drifting off.

AN: This has got to be the longest chapter yet. Did y'all enjoy the fight? I took some advoce for, RedstoneCyborg and I want to know how I did. Okay. I'm not gonna lie, I am enjoying this book. Whenever I'm enjoying myself when writing, I get really immersed into the book and I don't know what I'm doing until I have a whole chapter written.

Peace.

(Oh! This was going to be a music based chapter, but I didn't want to spend an extra hour writing, so here's the song. It fits very well! and It's one of my personal favorites!)

(Sorry if there are a few grammar errors, I was too lazy to do major editing)