Chapter fifty-five: Their First kiss

Brandon POV

It was nice having her in my arms. Just me and her, looking up at the stars..... Such a peaceful night too. No demon eyes tried to attack us. I look over to Feather, who was oddly quiet. Her eyes were closed and her breathing rhythmic. She fell asleep!

I sigh, but form a slight smile. I guess I'll have to carry her back to bed. I gently scoop her and her blanket up, carrying her bridal style. I climbed down as easy as I could, holding a sleeping person and all.

Hmm. She is such a deep sleeper..... She didn't even wake up when I kissed her forehead and cheek a while back....

I wonder if I can actually kiss her.

I carry her into the kitchen. She flinched in pain. Hmm? I then realized that my hand was on her scars from the Eater of Souls. I quickly moved my hand away. Her face softened again. I stood still, contemplating my plan. Should I kiss her? What if she wakes up? Will I be a good kisser? I mean.... I have kissed a girl before.... But this was different.

It was time to make my move. Her mouth was slightly agape. I moved closer,

And closer.....

But then I stopped. I looked down the hallway and see Darius and Molly.....

Kissing.

I shrieked and dropped Feather. Darius and Molly jumped back from eachother. Their eyes shot towards me. "How long have you been standing there?!?" Molly hissed.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I shoot back. Feather stirs on the floor. "Ugh.... What happened? Why am I on the floor?!!" Feather exclaimed. She wearily stood up.

"Brandon dropped you." Darius piped up. I could tell that he was not that happy with me interrupting him and Molly's smooch.

"Darius and Molly were kissing!" I accused, causing a few dirty look from Molly and Darius. Feather looked between them and me. "Really? Wow! Would of never guessed it..." Feather said. I watched as she yawned and picked up her blanket.

"Well..... I'm going to bed. Carry me, Brandon? You know.... Since you were before you dropped me." She said. I blushed. "Uhh.. Sure?" I replied. She threw her blanket over her shoulder and wrapped her arms around my neck. I quickly picked her up.

"Molly, Darius, have a nice night..... Onwards Brandon!" Feather said. I chuckled and walked past an annoyed Darius and a smirking Molly.

"See? There is no difference..." She whispers , alluding back to when she put Feather on too many meds. I narrow my eyes as I carry Feather to our room.

When I set her down on her bed, her eyes started to droop. "Thanks Brandon.....you didn't have to carry me from the roof..." She murmured. She pulled her blanket close to her and cuddled with it.

"No problem. I didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful sleeping..." I said, climbing into my bed. Feather turned on her side and looked at me. "You're a good guy, Brandon..... You know that?" She said. I also turned on my side so I could face her.

"Huh?" I ask, not sure if I heard her right. "You're a good guy. Hey..... Brandon.... Can you promise me something?" She requested.

"Anything" and I do mean anything. I will do anything for her.

"Never change. Please still be your strong, chivalrous, caring, helpful self. But if you do change, don't change much.. Okay?" She said, her eyes slowly closing.

"Okay...... Good night Feather..... "

Please don't change, either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of a hammer. What? My fights run through my hair as I look out the window to see the sun rising. Who could be up at this hour?

"Oh! I'm sorry! Did I wake you?" I hear a beautiful voice ask. I see Feather standing at her anvil, pounding out a piece of metal. A yawn escapes as I shake my head.

"No.... I..... You're fine.... Just.... Five more minutes..." I say as my head hits the pillow. The hammering continues. I groan and sit up again.

"What are you doing?!" I ask, rather rudely.

She holds up a lead axe. "I made this! I'm working on a surprise!" She enthused. Feather grabbed her bag and walked out the door. O-----Kay? I sigh and burry my face into my pillow.

"Brandon! Wake up! Wake up!" Feather squealed. I groaned and turned on my side. Not this again... "No! I don't wanna..." I say, sounding like a toddler. "Come on, Brandon! Get up! I need to show you something!" She whined.

"Slllleeeeeeeppp!" I draw out. I'm usually a morning person, but I guess me staying up late last night took it's toll. "Brandon. I swear, if you don't get up right now, I will jump on you!" She threatened. I turned on my stomach  and pulled my pillow over my head, hoping to drown her out.

"That's it!"

I heard her take a running start before I heard a thud as she landed on my back. She rolled onto the bed beside me, pushing me closer to the edge. I laughed and turned to face her. She was in a giggling fit, but stopped once she realized how close we were.

I mean, twin sized beds were already small enough, but with two people, well.... We were a little too close. Close enough in fact that I could give her a quick peck on the lips. Feather smiled.

"Now will you get up?" She asked, her emerald eyes starring up at me. She was giving me puppy-dog eyes.

"Fine. Only for you..." I say, getting up.

"I knew you'd come around!" She said, ruffling my hair. "Now! Come on! Come see the surprise!" She said, lacing my fingers through her's as she led me out the room.

Ha!

Sorry. But Fandon won't be happening yet.

Yet.

Anyways, if you'll excuse me,

I have to run away from an angry fangirl, get ready for a stream and  study hipsters

#Dolly (awww... That's actually pretty cute!!)

Bye bye Brudunskies

Peace.