Chapter 130: Challenge

Brandon's Point of View

"Yeah... it looks pretty bad..."  Molly was crouched over Ki, Prodding his unconscious body.

It's been a few hours since Terra knocked him out.

"W-will he be okay??!" Terra said, looking over Molly's shoulder.

Molly shrugged in response.

"I'm not sure. If it wasn't anything serious, He'd be up by now..." Molly trailed off, a soft tone in her voice. Silence filled the room.

"... did I kill him?" Terra asked in a small voice.

Molly let out a light chuckle.

"No, You didn't. He still has a pulse. But he is seriously injured. You should be more careful next time!" Molly chided as she stood up. Terra instantly looked down at the ground, guiltily staring at her feet.

"Anyways... You two keep a close eye on him and come get me when he--" Molly was interrupted by the front door swinging open.

"KKKKIIII!!" Feather's voice rang out. She instantly burst into the room, followed by a stranger.

Feather bounded into the room, with a great spring in her step.

"Where is he??" She asked, impatiently scanning our eyes for an answer. I noticed she fidgeted with her fingers, which were covered with dry blood.

Before I could ask her what happened, she groaned in annoyance.

"Don't tell me he left already! Honestly! The one time I---" She stopped mid-sentence when she saw his unconscious body sprawled across the floor.

"No...no no nO NO!" In an instant, Feather had rushed over to him and dropped to her knees. She cradled his head in her hands.

"How long is he out for??" Feather nervously looked over at Molly who shrugged meekly.

"URRGH!" Feather shouted in frustration, throwing her hands in the air. Ki's body lurched as his head made a thudding noise against the floor.

"What an I going to do??"

The stranger scooted next to me as Feather started pacing the floor.

I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest.
Why had she instantly wanted to see him?

... Why had she instantly rushed in and pretended I didn't exist..?

"Boy... Is she always like this?" The stranger whispered, motioning his head over to Feather. Too dumbstruck, I shook my head.

"N-no... s-she's not..." I answered. For a moment, Feather stopped and stared at me, looking me right in the eyes.

She frowned slightly as she directed her attention back towards the ground, pacing around some more.

Oblivious to this, The stranger laughed,

"Good! I was afraid that she was this dense to care about other's emotions!" He cackled before clapping me on the shoulder.

"By the way... The name's Myers.,, Rawleigh Myers.." He tipped his hat in greeting.

"Brandon Windsor....Nice to meet you.." It felt awkward formally introducing myself.

As soon as I said my name, Rawleigh's eyes lit up.

"Ah! So you're Brandon!"

Before I could ask what he meant by that, he continued.

"Feather went on non-stop about you! Really, She really cares for you as a guide!"

I felt my heart skip a beat as I made eye contact with Feather again, this time, her eyes showing a more saddened expression.

"Yeah,.. roamin' through the caves is fun an' all, But you should keep a closer eye on her!"

I broke eye contact with Feather to looked back at Rawleigh.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... no offense... But prancin' around in caves should be the hero's job. Not some lady's. Speakin' of the hero... where is he...?"

I narrowed my eyes.

"The hero?" I ask, my voice turning into a snarl.

Rawleigh nodded, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes... that's what I just said... Where is he...?" He repeated slowly this time.

"She's standing right in front of you..." I reply in a bitter tone.

"You mean...." Rawleigh stopped himself to let out a loud laugh.

"You're a funny one, Sport. There's not way she could be the hero!" Rawleigh hooted.

"And why not?" I crossed my arms defiantly while Rawleigh scoffed.

"Oh please. Look how frail she is! If she tries to get in a fight, She'd get ripped to shreds! She's nothing more than a weak little girl---"

I clenched my fists.

"Rawleigh... I'm so sorry about all of this... I was hoping to have Ki fix your mirror....you'll have to wait until he wakes up..." Feather apologized, approaching us.

"See? She can't even fix the mirror herself! What kind of hero is she?" He whispered.

"TWICE THE HERO YOU'LL EVER BE!" I shoot back, trying my hardest not to hurl my fists onto his face.

Rawleigh simply smirked.

"Protective, aren't we? Well why doesn't she do something to prove her strength?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, before turning my attention to Feather, who was staring at me oddly.

I quickly turned around and started walking to our room.

"Wait... Where are you going?" Feather grabbed me by the arm, but before she could stop me, I spun her around, our faces close together.

"I'm going to show you how to fix a Magic Mirror."

She blinked hesitantly, before her emerald green eyes started to blaze with determination.