Chapter Twenty-seven: Here we go Again

Feather POV

I slowly crack open my eyes. What? Last thing I remember was I was resting on Brandon's shoulder. I swear, he's been acting off lately. I don't like it. I survey my surroundings and conclude that I'm in my bed. I pull my blanket closer to my face and soon realize hat it's not my blanket. It has a distinct piney woods smell. Brandon's blanket. Now let's recap for a moment. How many times have I woken up in bed with Brandon's blanket or just after seeing Brandon?

Hmmm. That does seem to happen a lot.

Bet'cha five gold coins that he walks through the door any minute now.

C'mon........What are the chances of that-

He was cut off from a soft knock on the door. The door opens to reveal Brandon.

Ha! Goteem!

Shut up....

"Hey......You okay?" He asks. I nod. I then swing my feet to the floor. I stand on my own.

"Yeah. Feelin' chipper. I think it's time for me to head out again. But this time, I'll head west. Away from the corruption" I say. He looks at me with a concerned expression.

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting hurt again." Brandon said, grabbing my arm. He is too sweet.

"Brandon, no offense, but I can handle myself on my own, I don't need you to worry about me." I say. He looks down.

"Sorry.........I can't help but worry, K'know?" He says. I nod.

"Please, don't worry. I'm gonna go." I said, walking away. Brandon's grip on my arm tightened.

"Feather, One more thing." He said. I turn back around.

"Be safe. Okay?" He says, smiling his goofy grin. My lips slowly curl into a grin.

"Ok, My guide." I said. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door and into the hallway.

Darius POV

I hope Feather's okay. Molly told me what happened and I'm kinda worried. How did that dude even get in here anyway. Well, I'm not gonna judge since I saw he had a mega shark strapped to his back. Very nice. Very Nice indeed. I propped my feet up on the kitchen table. Hmm. Now would be the time to polish my gun. Next stranger that comes walkin' through here is gonna get popped. Unless it's a lady. Or a bunch of ladies. mmmhmm. All them honies.

"Feet off the table" says a startling voice. Feather. I lost my balance and crashed on the floor.

"Oh! Sorry Darius, Didn't mean to startle you." Feather says, helping me off the floor. I dust myself off.

"Yeah...Yeah yeah... Oh hey! You're alive!" I say, dumbfound. Is it bad that I managed to forget that she could've died? Ehh. Nah!

"Yeah, My friend saved me!" She said. Eh? She knew that guy?

'Wait...You knew that guy??" I asked shockingly. She chuckled.

"Yeah.....He and I are buds." She said. I then notice her bag slung over her shoulder.

"You headin' out again?" I ask. She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Yeah, Just about recovered from this," She says, turning around, revealing four long purple jagged scars on her right shoulder.

"Yikes!" I grimace. She turns back around.

"So yeah, I'll be on my way., No parties and try not to kill each other m'kay?" She said. I nodded. I watched as she walked out the door, West bound.