Chapter 5 - Naruto's apartment of Hell

Chapter five - Naruto's apartment of Hell

Naruto and I strolled around Konoha's night markets and we had lots of fun. We got less stares as the night got darker and people couldn't easily notice us. Naruto still got the stomach to eat so I treated him some smoky squid and dango. This boy sure got a monstrous appetite. My poor wallet...

"Hey Naruto, let's head back, it's getting really late. You ain't gonna grow taller if you sleep so late ya know." I suggested him, also an attempt to save my wallet.

"Aww but I never had fun like this! A little while longer please O ne san?!"

"Can't argue with that..." I thought to myself.

Finally Naruto was willing to get back as all the night markets closed and the streets all empty. I'm practically languished by this energetic brat. The trouble of going home bothered me again. Maybe I'll go sleep in a cave or something.. No way I have phobia for bugs.. Maybe I'll get a spot in Naruto's place? Gosh his mom would skin me alive! Wait, his mom would ALREADY skin me alive if she finds out her son has been hanging out with some girl more than twice his age at night! Arrg what a drag. But fatigue has got the better of me.

"Naruto-kun would you mind if I stay at your place tonight? It's too late for me to go home at this time."

Naruto sort of jumped when he heard my request. He seemed all nervous and sweating. Ah I knew it. I would totally look like a pedophile girl by staying at some kid's home for the night. I so regret asking him that now. Well I guess this is it...

"It was nice meeting you but I decide to find somewhere else to sleep tonight... So long" I said

I was about to turn around and call it for a day when Naruto suddenly shouted:

"No no I don't really mind..! It's just...." Naruto began pressing his index figures together looking down with embarrassment.

"it's just that my place is a real mess you see.." Said naruto with an awkard laugh.

I almost fainted by his response and frowned. Ok at least my stop for tonight is secured!

Naruto lived on the top floor of an old pied apartment building. In the dark, I heard the key rattling in the keyhole followed by the noise of the door's squeak. When the light turned on, there were like a hundred cockaroaches appearing from everywhere running for their lives. I shrieked and went all dumb. Naruto on the other hand doesn't seemed to be affected in any way.

Holy moly the apartment is a hell! Dirty laundries and empty instant noodle cups are piled up everywhere on the floor. Trash and and cockroaches are ubiquitous. And mostly, Naruto's bed sheets are turning yellow but I'm certain they were supposed to be white judging from the cleaner edges.

"Naruto, you live by yourself?" I asked in an uncertain tone.

"Uh-huh!" Answered Naruto nonchalantly.

"What's... with this kid? Well at least my ass is saved from his mother's wrath. Great, there ain't even a couch, where am I gonna sleep? It's such a pain but I'll guess I must make a clean spot in this trash house" I muttered

"Naruto! Give me a hand, we are gonna have a makeover in your apartment..!" I suddently shouted, startling Naruto.

"... Hahh?! O ne san I thought you wanna rest already." Naruto seemed totally puzzled.

Nothing more said, I threw him a broom stick and ordered him to swipe away the trash while I gather the scattered clothes on the ground. Afterwards we thoroghly wiped the entire flooring until it actually gave off a little shine... Ouf! I borrowed a blanket and collapsed on the floor, entering in a deep slumber.

Naruto, sitting on his bed staring at Hisako's backside, mumbled to himself: so, this is how its' like to have a family?