Chapter 14 - Clash with Deidara and Sasori!

That Deidara looked all pumped up. He stepped his feet apart, slightly bending his knees in a swift motion. His two hands inserted in a sac attached on both side under his cloak. We all expected him to take out a trenchant ninja tool to attack us, only to find our theory to be false. He took out his hands without anything in them and the center of his palms seemed to be “moving” or even “nibbling”. I grew too fascinated to watch what will be in his sleeve. Looking closer, on each of the center of his palms was a mouth, chewing on something white.

“……………” I was nonplussed. “Is that some kind of birth deformity to grow extra mouths on the body? Nah, that’s not possible, they are too symmetrical. There are plenty of weirdos on this earth.!” This came into my own thoughts.

“Be careful, he’s gonna pull something.” Warned Tenzo while stepping back in a defensive position along with his partner.

Deidara’s palms split out many tiny white spheres and threw them into the air. A dozen of fine needles broke free from their round containers and buried into the ground. The covered range was huge. Nothing happened, Deidara smirked instead.

His hands grabbed more of the white substance from his pockets and the mouths released a handful of white beads with patterns on them.

“Let me show you the beauty of my art! Hm!” Deidara unleashed his beads into the air that turned out to be spider-shaped.

“KATSU!!!” Deidara shouted, holding a single hand seal.

The ubiquitous spiders exploded simultaneously in the air, leaving no time for the ANBUs to dodge. But luckily no one was injured thanks to the wooden wall released by Tenzo just in time.

Wood Style?! How can someone do Wood Style? According to the Michitoki Elders, it’s an exclusive jutsu only the legendary shinobi Hashirama Senju was able to do. Who is this Tenzo!?” I just discovered more amazing details about the Leaf on this mission.

“Tsk, there’s nothing artistic about it!” Shouted the bird-masked ANBU.

For a moment, the opponent was completely silent. Sasori looked up at Deidara, who finally showed his anger towards the ANBU’s insult.

“My art is not easy to understand, you are just a fool with no aesthetic sense! You will pay for mocking my art! HM!”

Deidara furiously grabbed two handful of clay into his palms and pressed the center of his hands together. The new creation was a sophistically sculpted bird. The artist smirked and activated his clay bird. Smokes enveloped them. The clay quickly expanded in size and emerged from the smoke, flying up with Deidara. His kasa flew off his head, leaving his long blond hair in a partial ponytail fully exposed. I was mesmerized at the sight of this, and I think I can use the word "beautiful" to describe his face. Deidara has slanted blue eyes, his right eye was covered with a long side bang. When the wind blew stronger, it was revealed that his right eye wore a scope.

“This is bad!” Said Tenzo who immediately formed a hand seal.

“Wood Release -Smothering Binding!” Tenzo transformed his arm into a solid wooden branch, rapidly stretching towards the sky in an attempt to grab Deidara.

“Onh? Wood Style huh, pretty impressive.” Mumbled Sasori from the ground. He doesn’t seem interested in this fight; he looked rather like an observer.

“Hey you there, focus your eyes on the ground..!” Shouted the bird-masked ANBU, forming an other hand seal at great speed. "

“Water Release: Water Encampment Pillar!” water came out in a dense, curved torrent from the ANBU’s mouth, targeting Sasori.

Sasori’s body seemed to be very heavy, because he wasn’t washed away by the water jutsu. The ANBU looked at him in disbelief. Everyone was busy fighting their opponent for about a good 30 minutes. I was well aware that the ANBUs can’t hold on for too long because they were physically exhausted from the start. A big scorpion like tail emerged from Sasori’s cloak and stabbed the bird-masked ANBU in a rapid motion. The wound wasn’t fatal but he couldn’t get up from the ground.

“It’s no use, there is poison on my needles. You won’t make it.” Sasori said.

Tenzo realized his partner was in a bad situation if doesn’t immediately receive medical attention.

“You cowards, think that I’m gonna let you get away, Hm?” Said Deidara with a hint of pride.

"KATSU!!!" the entire ground under the ANBUs' feet exploded ripping into chasms. I see, the earlier attack was to plant land mines under the ground and to activate it later.

“Ha! My art triumphed, as I knew it would!” Deidara shouted

Those two are injured and worn out, now’s my chance to get into the battlefield!