Chapter 22 - Itachi: We Meet Again...

We changed back into our original attires since it was futile to hide anymore. And maybe Kakashi has a point; Amegakure's leader should know more or less about what we're looking for. Plus, we are only searching for the base of some evil Organization, we won't be a threat to the village. We exited the underground bar half an hour later only to have ourselves exposed under the sizzling rain again...

The sky got even darker, and thunders roared. Not even a single soul can be seen on the street.

"Kakashi senpai, why do we have to go out in the rain?!" Yamato asked weirdly

"If things doesn't turn out so good for us... in other words, if we got ourselves into a fight, people in the pub would certainly die. So we should go to some place where there aren't many people." Said Kakashi, turning his back to us.

I looked up at the gloomy sky; rain poured down on my face. Amegakure's Leader uses rain to detect outsiders, hm? I wonder when he will show up..

"So, you guys.. are the intruders, huh." A masculine voice echoed in the empty street, startling us

"Over there!" Yamato abruptly turned around, gritting his teeth

Standing at a far distance was a dark cloaked figure. His features were completely obscure under the dark rainy sky. The occasional crackling thunder was deafening.

"Intruders? Could he be the "God" everyone was talking about?" I thought

Seeing us not reacting, the figure walked towards us.

"Why do I think this is so creepy...!" Wispered Yamato

For a brief second, the ground shaking thunder illuminated the mysterious figure. I think I might be imagining things but when the lightning strock a second time, I froze.

Even though the cloak he wore was high collared that hid half of his lower face. However, those eyes could only belong to one person.

"Uchiha... Itachi!" His name slipped through my mouth

Kakashi immediately looked at me for a swift second, aghast. "Itachi..!" The look in his eyes dramatically intensified.

My focus ran down to his body; what's more startling is the fact that he was wearing the Akatsuki's attire.

I looked up to see him gazing directly into my eyes. His eyes were simply mesmerizing. "to think of meeting you again in a place like this.." he spoke in a calm voice

Kakashi and Yamato were astonished: "you know him?!"