Chapter 18 - Getting to know Yamato

Chapter eighteen - Getting to know Yamato

Things couldn't get any better for me. I successfully got myself acquainted with the Hokage. Just as I expected, she asked for my help next time she assigns missions concerning the Akatsuki. It's only time before I will be acknowledged by Konoha, then there will finally be a chance for me to join the ANBU. Hold on here, my tone sounds too much like a villain. But all this is for the sake of the Uchiha Clan.

Thinking about my future plans, I ambled down the Hokage Residence stairs and exited. I gave a nice stretch to my arms under the sunlight with a lazy yawn. What to do now? I won't be needed here before Tsunade announce her next mission. Then, I noticed Konoha's hospital.

"Oh, right, maybe I should go check on those two!" I paced myself to the hospital.

I rushed into the reception desk, startling the two nurses. "Hello, were two injured ANBUs just transferred here?"

"Um, yes"

"Please give me their room numbers." I requested.

"Well, one is severely poisoned, so he's in the critical treatment room right now, he can't accept visitors. The other one is doing slightly better; I can take you to his room if you like." Replied the nurse.

"Thanks"

Knock knock- "Yamato-san, you have a visitor!" Called the nurse outside Yamato's room.

"Come in." A tired voice responded.

The nurse opened the door for me and I entered. She gently closed it and left.

"It's you..!" Yamato looked a little surprised.

"Yamato-san, I just want to check if your injuries are okay."

"I'm doing fine, really. I can checkout the hospital in a few days, that's what Tsunade-sama said to me. But, before that, thank you very much, for saving us. I mean, my partner would have died from poisoning if you didn't come to our aid! And I was really worn out too, I reached my limit out there." Said Yamato looking up the ceiling.

"Hey he seems awfully energetic, his weak voice earlier was totally a deception" I thought.

"But Miss, wha- Um, I'm sorry, what's your name again?" Yamato suddenly asked.

"Michitoki Hisako."

"That's a nice name, Hisako-san. Where are you from?"

"I'm from a small Clan outside the village, not too far from here."

Yamato's eyes smiled. "No wonder... you are not wearing a Konoha headband.."

I faintly blushed a little seeing Yamato smiled for the first time. His face was bare this time, no more mask. Yamato has short brown hair and unique dark almond-shaped eyes. We had a long conversation for the rest of the afternoon. He seemed to be pleased to hear that Tsunade arranged me to go on missions with Konoha Ninjas next time. Yamato doesn't have a lot in common with me, but our conversation never ran dry. It pains me a little to get to know him in this way; so far I'm plotting to get information from Konoha. I should be considered a spy at the moment. *Sigh* But, a new friend is a new friend; I shouldn't let other things hamper my personal relationships. I only have good intentions to help the Uchiha Clan. Plus I don't think I will be dangerous to Konoha. Never mind all these for today, I'm exhausted.