Chapter 41 - Newly discovered Passion

Chapter 41 – Newly discovered Passion

My following days were relatively relaxing; no missions, no "visitors" from the Akatsuki. Occasionally I got a glimpse of a Konoha Jounin or two entering my Clan, heading towards the Elders' Residence. One of them happened to be Genma. He spotted me and came over for a friendly greeting, looking light hearted as ever. When I asked him about my bewilderment of the unprecedented visits from Konoha Ninjas, Genma smirked and left me a cryptic answer: "Oh, something good alright. You'll see soon enough."

During my day-offs, besides sleeping, I personally did some maintenance work in my home garden and traveled back to Shukuba Town's gambling houses for a few days. I sincerely hope that I won't become an addicted gambler like how people described Tsunade. Although there is a difference between us: the ratio of my wins surpassed the losses. One night as I was ambling in the Town's night markets, a small bookshop situated at the end of an alley got my interest. Inside, old and new books cluttered everywhere, making me fear that they would collapse and inundate the shop anytime. Two mischievous young boys secretly hid themselves in a corner, reading adult picture books while the storeowner fell asleep. I pretend that I didn't see them for the sake of their privacy.

I arbitrarily picked out a used book on Medical Justu. I thought the content would certainly be incomprehensible to me, but actually, I managed to get an abstract understanding on about 75% of the material after the first scan.

"Interesting..."

I ended up by purchasing it and scrutinized every chapter when I had free times at night. Healing techniques will come in handy during future missions if my teammates ever get injured.

Upon returning to my Clan, Masoto-sama sent out a servant to invite me over for a meeting.

The Elders were already waiting for me.

"Lately we had a few visitors sent by the Hokage from Konoha. They came to transmit to us a request on the behalf of Tsunade-hime herself. Hearing from her messengers, you are greatly appreciated by the Leaf for your capability and shrewdness. They expressed their sincere gratitude for your altruistic assistance on several important occasions." Masoto-sama announced to me

I kept my calm demeanor and listened. Although inside, I certainly felt flattered. I unveiled a subtle, yet complacent smile. My mood is more uplifted than last time.

"Tsunade-hime wish to officially form an ally with the Michitoki Clan. To prove her sincerity, she is willing to acknowledge you as a permanent residence of the Leaf. Therefore her messengers came to obtain our permission." Masuyo-sama added

Hearing that, I was stroked with a sudden feeling of wonder and astonishment. This was certainly unexpected. Am I still going to live in my Clan, or move to Konoha? Am I going to be placed in a three-man team, or preferably a spot in the ANBU? But, either way I should like it

"A messenger will come again tomorrow to confirm our final decision. You shall be a part of the Leaf from now on. Forming an ally with the strongest Hidden Village in the nation is going to be a tremendous advantage for both you and our Clan's own prosperity. Don't you agree?"

I nodded "Of course"