Chapter 42 - Turning Point

Chapter 42 – Turning Point

A turning point in my life has finally occurred. The Clan Elders approved Tsunade's requests, and a week later, a private alliance ceremony was held in the Konoha Council Hall, witnessed by a small number of Konoha and Michitoki Clan officials. I was allowed to take part in it.

After the observance, Tsunade led me to her office under Shizune's company to officially announce my new identity as a Leaf Ninja.

"To have the privilege of forming an alliance with the Michitoki Clan is all thanks to your merit, Michitoki Hisako. You saved the lives of two ANBUs form our Village and provided us esoteric information on the Akatsuki. Not only that, but also on the night of Konoha's emergency security alert, you took part in detecting Orochimaru's subordinates from infiltrating our Village."

My face felt hot from her candid praise..

"You contributed too much for Konoha without asking for a single guerdon in return. You are already fully acknowledged as a competent Ninja by a handful of our elite Shinobis. I sincerely hope that you could become a part of the Village from now on, as one of our own people. What do you say?"

I paused for a moment: "Hai, Tsunade-sama..!"

Tsunade showed a delightful smile and stood up from her chair; her hand took out something from her desk drawer and walked to me. A dull shine slipped through the gaps between her fingers; I think I might know what it is.

"Welcome to the Leaf, Hisako-san." Tsunade personally tied a Konoha Headband on my forehead

"Tsunade-sama, this is.."

"This headband accompanied me since the day I became a Genin. Even though I had stopped wearing it since some years ago, I always kept it with me. Now, I shall pass it on to you." Tsunade said in a nostalgic smile

Shizune grinned in amazement. Judging from her smile, she must had felt happy for me from the bottom of her heart.

It's impossible to picture the long history behind this headband. I will cherish it as a proof of my competence and as a personal legacy left to me by the Hokage.

The new alliance was proclaimed to the rest of the Village shortly after. Tsunade persuaded me to stay for a while by offering me a very spacious and neat apartment situated in the center of the Village. Its geographic location is certainly unquestionable. I stayed there once in a while when I got bored from my quiet life in my Clan or when I was called for a mission. Excitements from the bustling Village stirred up novel feelings, which I find to be entertaining.

Now as a Leaf Ninja, Tsunade has already assigned me various missions classified from B to S ranks. I hadn't had a fixed team of my own so I was constantly arranged in mixed formations selected by the Hokage. Gradually, my social circle has enlarged in the new environment and I got to know many Jounin and some people of my generation. Strangely, I never encountered Yamato or Naruto again during my days in Konoha.

This leisure life seems to be too peaceful. One night as I was self-studying more on Medical Jutsu, I stopped and looked back my life in contemplation. I mustn't forget my whole purpose of affiliating with Konoha and the complication of getting my secrets leaked to the Akatsuki.

Good night.