Chapter 24 - Objectif Cleared

“Want to stop you..?” What does he mean? I only met him once, and that was before the massacre. Unless, sometime in the future I went back again to stop him on that night!!! I gulped

“What’s the matter, can’t you remember what you did in your own life?” Itachi frowned

“Well you see… I have my own reasons.” I looked down

“You can’t fool me; my Sharingan can see that you are hiding something.” He said

“You…!” Itachi’s eyes suddenly widened, looking astonished

The younger Itachi in his ANBU attire was another clone; black crows flew out, replacing his body.

A bigger shadow appeared before me, I looked up; it was the older Itachi in his Akatsuki cloak. He was visibly taller than he was in his youth; at least two or three inches taller than me now. I haven’t got the time to react.

“Impossible.. You can travel through time..!!” Itachi said in an unbelievable gaze

My mouth slightly opened. “Oh God…”

“You were under my Genjutsu the whole time; another ability of the Sharingan is for the user to be able to sense and read the opponent’s thoughts. Don’t try to deny it anymore..” Itachi closed his eyes.

“What are you going to do, then.. Itachi?” I tried to remain calm

“Hisako, is it? The other Shinobi did call you that earlier.” Itachi opened his eyes again, looking at me.

I just remembered that Kakashi and Yamato were nowhere to be found. “Where are they?!”

“Right beside you.”

Itachi’s Genjutsu dispelled. The two Konoha Shinobis were both in pitiful states; Kakashi was on all four, gasping big chunks of air. Yamato looked equally exhausted.

“While you were under my Genjutsu, I fought them with another clone.” Said Itachi. “Tsk!” He quickly pressed his palm against his right eye in a painful countenance. Blood slipped down.

“Kakashi! Yamato!” I yelled

“Now then, I can’t disobey my order; time to end this..” Itachi took out three kunais between his fingers ready to finish them off.

“Hold it.” A new voice called

We looked up to the sky and saw a purple haired woman in an Akatsuki cloak. “Itachi, leave them to me. Nagato called.”

“….” Itachi gave me one last glance as if he wanted to tell me something. But nothing more was said, he left.

“Great, one more enemy.” I thought

Something behind that woman grabbed my attention; the highest part of a metallic building was completely hollow, but a figure inside was in complete contrast. Standing there was a third Akatsuki, looking down at us. He was too far away, but at least I could distinguish his orange coloured hair.

Shortly after, he was joined by someone; Itachi.

Our mission is to locate the Akatsuki base, looks like we attained. I smirked