Chapter 26 - New Trouble

Chapter 26 – New Trouble

On our way back from Amegakure, my mind was occupied with muddled thoughts; Uchiha Itachi, the young Konoha ANBU I encountered in my travel was actually the assassin who murdered his own Clan. I personally never linked him with that Incident. And his Sharingan’s power was just appalling; his Genjutsu completely manipulated me the way he wanted. And in a short amount of time, that Itachi had the lives of two formidable Shinobis under his grip, ready to finish them off anytime. Someone this powerful is to be feared.

Now it’s only a matter of time before the Akatsuki comes to get me. A Jounin from my Clan was aware that our special kekkei genkai would be desirable to the Akatsuki if they ever find out about it. That’s why the Elders ratified the rule to keep it a secret. But who ever expected that Uchiha would be able to read my thoughts with his Sharingan?

I unconsciously played back Itachi’s every word that still bring tensions to my mind. “Why would you want to stop me… on the night of the massacre..?” This sentence echoed again and again. If I went back just to stop him, it means that I finished my mission and gathered the necessary information about the Uchiha Clan Incident. It also signifies that I went to Masuyo and Masato to deduce a plan afterwards in order to stop that tragedy. All these can only imply that, I failed.

I don’t know what to do anymore. But I will ask the Elders tonight for an alternative plan.

“Kakashi senpai, how are you feeling?” Yamato’s voice disconnected me from my train of thought.

I looked at Kakashi; he sat up, and pulled his headband down to cover his left eye again. That just quickly reminded me that Kakashi had a Sharingan. He wasn’t from the Uchiha Clan; those with blessed eyes were born with them. It’s beyond me why Kakashi himself has a Sharingan, and most of all, in only one eye.

“Kakashi-san, is your strength recovered?” I asked

“Yeah.. It seems that I dragged you down.” Kakashi’s tone has a hint of nonchalance, which made me narrow my eyes with a sweat

“No you didn’t. We are done with our mission. We weren’t obligated to fight them you know.”

“Then that means you know where their hideout is?” Kakashi looked up at me

“Right in Amegakure. The Akatsuki Leader is the “God” that the bar servant mentioned.”

Kakashi showed a little sign of surprise. I had to recount to him what I saw after he was worn out from his last attack.

“In overall, our mission is a success.” I said. I could faintly see the Hokage Monument on the Rocky Mountains far away behind the woods. We went back to Konoha.