Chapter 8 - Clan Elders' decision!

Chapter eight - Clan Elders' decision!

My forehead was still pressing against the tatami, a sweat ran down and dripped from my nose tip. I can't let innocent people die anymore, I mustn’t disappoint my Clan’s founder nor myself. I always felt indignant towards this world's injustice, now I can finally do something to help!

"... O jou san, what's with the desperate pleading? It's not like the Uchiha Clan will be slaughtered a second time if you don't immediately go back to help." One of the Elders calmly said to me.

"The decision to exterminate an entire Clan such as the Uchiha's is carefully calculated, hampering blindly will fail for sure, at the cost of your life. I suggest you to thoroughly investigate the true motive of the Uchiha Clan massacre and deduce a plan with us afterwards, depending on the situation. This mission's difficulty level far exceeds that of a S rank mission. Are you prepared?" Asked Masato sternly.

I felt an enormous burden crushing on my shoulder. But I would rather call this my responsibility. "Yes I will complete this mission without fail." I finally answered after a long pause.

The Elders gave me a subtle nod and I was dismissed. Ambling on my way back, my chest always felt tight from the upcoming mission. A gust of autumn wind blew on me and I looked up to see the wooden Michitoki garden bridge, beautifully curved on the serene pond, surrounded by momiji trees. Wind blew again, making the falling leafs dance, covering the water and moss in a blanket of red and amber. I went up and sat on the bridge, dangling my legs above the pond. My reflection was well hidden under the autumn leafs. I vividly recalled my entire adventure in retrospect, trying to find anything practical for my mission, or details that might had been omitted. My face turned pensive when I thought about Uchiha Itachi. Such a mixed feeling that I can't put into words.

"Where do I start my investigation?" I sighed to myself.