Chapter 30 - Stuck in the Akatsuki Hideout with Deidara

Chapter 30 – Stuck in the Akatsuki Hideout with Deidara

Seeing Deidara at a time like this was much unexpected. We stared at each other for a five full seconds. Deidara blushed and stepped back, pointing at me with a finger: "O-oi! Wha- what are you wearing! How ungraceful!"

My face heated up like chili. I turned away, flustered. I wanted to break this awkward ambiance more than anything.

"What does that orange masked moron want from me?" I tried to change the topic

Deidara's blush subdued. "Who knows, that idiot didn't tell me anything but to keep an eye on you."

"If that's the case, I'll be going." I stood up and walked past him. I don't feel dizzy anymore.

He grabbed my arm with his grip. "I was told to keep you under surveillance."

"…................."

"Give it up, you can't even fight me dressing like that..!" Deidara showed a rapist smile. His face looked especially creepy under the candle light.

"He's right, I have no tools, no weapons. If I try to fight him with Taijutsu, my robe would come loose… and…" I couldn't imagine the rest..

I sat back on the ground against the cave wall. I crossed my arms and looked at Deidara, who turned around and walked to a large wooden barrel. He sat down, crossing his arms and legs. The candle light was too dim to illuminate his face. But I sensed that I was being watched. Strangely I wasn't tied up as a hostage normally would be. Maybe that Tobi underestimated me.

"Deidara, are we in Amegakure?"

"No."

So they have more than one hideout, huh?

"Where are we then?" I asked again

"Not in the Land of Fire, that's all I can say. Don't even try to escape, Hm!"

No way! How did that Tobi managed to-

I sneezed.

"..........................."

"If you're cold, wear this." An Akatsuki cloak was tossed to me.

I was so surprised by Deidara's gesture. Even an Akatsuki has a hidden good side. I put it on; it smelled of clay, but was still warm from Deidara's body heat. My body was immediately relieved from the cold. This was the first time a man has offered me his coat. I felt really blissful and special! But I tried to suppress visible happy emotions since we were still enemies.

"That's generous of you."

"Hm"

The cave was silent again.

"Now what am I supposed to do? If I use a Ninjutsu attack, it would certainly stir up a fight. My robe would be exposed to the risk of loosening again.. I'll use my power to get away then. I will make it look like that I'm only getting a little shuteye to avoid suspicion." I thought

I closed my eyes and tried to meditate. The cave was silent. Occasional flicker sounds came from the candle flame. Deidara didn't make a single sound. After a good 15 minutes, I was almost ready. The question is, what place and time should I travel to? I wish I were able to just teleport to some place instead of time travel. Maybe I can, if I try. I imagined my current time, but at some other place… my Clan. When I opened my eyes again, I was at where I thought I would be. I'm home.

Meanwhile, in the Akatsuki hideout, Deidara got sleepy and dipped his head to fight the fatigue. Through his tired eyes, Deidara noticed the girl who was supposed to sit there was gone. He immediately became wide-awake and searched for her everywhere.

"This can't be happening! Hm! I can't imagine what Tobi's face would look like when he comes back!" Desperate words echoed in the cave