Chapter 28 - A dream of Sixteen Years ago

Chapter 28 – A dream of Sixteen Years ago

After a hot steamy bath, I snuggled into my futon; my tired muscles and joints could finally rest. (Geez I sound like an old lady)

Despite the fact that I now have new problems concerning the Akatsuki and my “canceled” mission to save the Uchiha Clan, I’m still able to fall asleep quickly. To this day I just realized it must be a blessing; anxiety and depression almost never affect my slumber. The only time I had insomnia was the night I awakened my kekkei genkai.

I had a particular dream this night.

In my dream, I was surrounded by complete obscurity. But I could hear cacophonous sounds from far away. Gradually they became more audible; screams and cries of panic with fear were distinguished. Also the noises of trees breaking and maybe houses collapsing. But nothing more was as frightening as a sudden beastly roar that thundered in proximity. I broke free from darkness’ restrain and recognized that I was standing on a rocky mountain above Konoha’s Hokage Monument, looking down at the Village. An enormous orange beast with numerous tails was wrecking havoc below. The screams and cries were from the tiny people who were running away. A swipe from the creature’s claws was enough to tear down a building. The blazing red eyes of the ravaging beast left trails of reddish lines under the moonlit night as it moved. A real demon!

At this extent, I couldn’t really do anything, so I only watched. After a while, the beast sensed something from my direction and calmed down. My heart skipped a beat. The full moon behind the monster showed its silhouette; a fox.

A mighty growl ringed in the sky. The monster fox opened its jaw, accumulating Chakara to form a dark sphere. It grew larger and larger, and released as a beam towards me. At this rate it could be futile to escape. I stopped breathing and shut my eyes.

Just before the beam emitted by the fox was about to touch the Hokage Monument, it stopped; and abruptly disappeared. I opened my eyes and thought that I was in the afterlife. Without warning, a gigantic explosion happened at a distance behind me, lightening up the region around. The powerful airstream knocked me off my feet. Luckily I grabbed a big rock, and stopped just in time on the edge cliff.

“Phew.”

I looked down, on the head of the forth Hokage stone stood a black hooded person.

“Did he do something about that beam?” I thought.

I blinked and the figure vanished.

I felt someone’s presence behind me. I immediately turned around; that same figure shadowed above me, the moonlight illuminated his face under the hood; a haunting white mask with a single hole in the right eye.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!!!!!!”

I jumped from my futon, covered with sweats all over. I breathed heavily. It was still night time.

“Thank Heavens it was only a dream”

“Was it so…?” A dark voice came from the shadow.

“Gasp!” I didn’t dare to speak.

Soft footsteps slowly approached from the other side of my room. Each step made my body even more paralyzed. I wanted to look away, lest it’s a demonic entity, but fear was too overwhelming. Its true, that humans are all scared of the unknown..

The faint moonlight in my bedroom illuminated the entity; a dark cloaked figure, with an orange mask…..

I passed out.