Chapter 9 - The Last Resort

Chapter nine - The Last Resort

In my whole life, I led a rather peaceful life as a Kunoichi in my Clan. Even though I wasn't a savant, I was well aware of our world's history. About the infamous Uchiha Incedent, my knowledge goes only as far as what was knew by the general public, since no more sensitive information was leaked. When I was about ten, the uproar about the annihilation has affected my Clan as well. People around gossiped and repeated after what they heard, even though it might have only been an assumption. The circulating story was that, a shinobi from the Leaf, an Uchiha himself has turned rogue and wiped out his Clan in one single night. Everyone labeled that shinobi as insane, but what people wanted to know more was where did that shinobi go after the massacre? An other mystery left behind was the miraculous survival of one Uchiha kid, out of the entire Clan.

"The crowd loves to scrutinize meager information from the surface. Until no solid proof reaches me, I won't give credit to the general version of the story."

"The authentic information about the Uchiha Clan massacre must be confidential and guarded by people of the highest position of Konoha, since the Clan belonged to the village. The current issue is how do I obtain information from them? My kekkei genkai could be useful but not until I get any lead. The Leaf won't trust me easily since I'm from outside the village. To establish a relationship with them is crucial in my initial step of the mission. Maybe the only way to do this... is to join the Konoha ANBU.