Chapter 49 - The Immortal Beings

Hidan's arm reached down and picked up a triple-bladed scythe from the grass. Its red and lustrous shine emitted a menacing aura. The weapon's handle was connected with a long metal string reaching all the way to Hidan's left inner sleeve.

"Maybe that feature won't be necessary unless he is going to toss the weapon and land a distant attack, and retract it by pulling on the string.. Since normally a scythe is used in close-range battles. I'd be safer to keep a distance from him." I thought

Hidan swiftly swung the blade in mid-air and gave off a sardonic smirk. Who knows what kind of thoughts is going on in his head...

"I didn't ask for your help to defeat one easy opponent. Go watch the fight somewhere else, Hidan." Kakuzu irritatingly said without turning his head to his partner

Here they go again.. More argument in the middle of a fight...

"Come on, Kakuzu. Don't keep the fun all to yourself. Its about time I sacrifice a half-dead human to my God."

"Tsk! Suit yourself. But don't make too much disturbance or else you'll attract more enemies." Kakuzu ended the talking and slightly cross-bent his elbows

What is he up to?

His hands released in a tossing movement and they flew towards me. Kakauzu's lower arms detached from their limbs, linked by dense black strings/tentacles alike inside the body.

What are those things?!

I managed to dodge his initial grips but they kept changing directions in the air. I drew my sword from my back to find an opportunity to land a strike on one of the black wisps. Surprisingly they were resistant; only a few strings were cut and they re-attached themselves shortly.

"EEEEHAHAHAHA!" An exciting shreak cried out behind me

"That's Hidan's voice!" I jumped and evaded in time an attack of his scythe.

Giving out his own whereabouts by making so much noise is really not a good stragegy.

"GAAAAH!! Damn you!" He yelled in frustration as his blow had missed

Tsk, this Hidan is really foul-mouthed. Anyway, I can't keep up in dodging their attacks forever. I must come up with an alternative.

...

I ran to the lake nearby and concentrated my chakara under my feet to keep afloat. "Water Clone Techinique!" Several tangible clones emerged from the water and dispersed towards various directions. Hidan turned his head back and forth to look at every one of the clones, confused at distinguishing the original. Kakuzu stopped his attacks and watched.

"Uramiame no Jutsu!" My clones performed a collaboration technique that requires more than one users, the reason why I summoned them. Dark clouds formed in the sky and rain poured down.

Hidan stared down at his hands and said, "what is this feeling..?"

"The rain is absorbing our chakara in a slow pace." Kakuzu grunted

I planned to deprive their chakara first, and to inflict damage when the time is appropriate. The Jutsu will last as long as my clones are intact. Since the air is moist right now, I could perform that technique.

"Sensatsu-Suishō no Jutsu!" Moisture in the air gathered and crystallized into a thousand senbons, ready to pierce through the opponents. My clones and myself leaped back to avoid the immediate impact. The two Akatsukis couldn't escape from this large range attack and were got in the blow. Needles densely penetrated their skin and flesh.

Kakuzu's eyebrows frowned, "that hurt." I watched in awe as the deep buried needles perforated out of his flesh, and dropped to the ground. "These kinds of attack doesn't work against me. I can harden my skin at will as an ultimate defense."

I then looked at Hidan, who shown no emotions of pain on his face. "This hurt way more than I thought" He complained in a nonchalant tone.

What are these people? Immortals?!