Chapter 46 - A Mission Tsunade can't Decline

Chapter 46 – A Mission Tsunade can't Decline

By morning, Danzo and the Rain Ninja were to be escorted to the Hokage Residence for interrogation. According to the ANBU Captain, Tsunade suspected that Danzo was plotting something; the reason why we were assigned to capture him. Now, his secret rendez-vous with the other captive just made the thing even more dubious. Beyond that, I know nothing more. Plus, I won't be around to observe the interrogation because I was dismissed upon our return to Konoha.

But, something new is troubling me: why is Tsunade hostile towards Danzo? Undoubtedly, The Root leader should be someone who only benefits the village. Unless, there lies an untold story?

I scratched my head in pure bewilderment. After all, I can't really make any assumption on Danzo without knowing the situation.

Just when I was finally able to go back and sleep, Shizune came rushing to me followed by her pet, the clothed piglet.

"Wait..! Hisako-san!" She waved

I turned to her and slipped out a comment: "Shizune-san, that pig sure can run.." Was that the only thing I can come up with? Or was I just irritated by the bad omen that the Hokage will give me more tasks?

She came to a stop in front of me and bended down to catch her breath. "That's Tonton!" she huffed

"Bui, bui..!" Tonton oinked with an unsatisfied look

"Hai, hai.. sorry Tonton.."

"Don't go yet, Hisako-san. Tsunade-sama has an urgent mission for you! Please come with me."

"Okay." (I knew it...)

Knock knock- "Tsunade-sama I'm coming in..!" Shizune quickly opened the door and pushed me inside.

The Hokage turned around from the window. Seeing us, her tensed eyebrows relaxed. Clearly she was having a hard time thinking about something. Inside the office stood two other ANBU black ops.

Tsunade held up her elbows, "Hisako, we just received an urgent request from the Otouko Clan of the Land of Fire."

She sat down in her chair and continued: "These days, we get frequent reports on many neighboring Clans and Villages being completely annihilated for unknown reason. The culprit is still unidentified, although we already had a possible assumption of that the doing of Amegakure. But, that's not my main point."

"As you know, I already allocated many personnel to the Amegakure border for investigation. The Village is once again in a vulnerable state to foreign invasions. Naturally I wouldn't want to sent out more Shinobis.. But the Otouko Clan is distantly related to the Fire Daimyo, so I cannot turn down their request."

"Shizune!" Tsunade tilted her head to motion her assistant to pull down the map

"Hai!" Shizune demonstrated us the geographic location of the Clan.

The area in question is adjacent to a large body of water that should be a lake. Now the origin of the Clan's name all makes sense. Otouko is associated with "royal line" and "lake".

"This mission is going to be done in a three-mans team. Hisako, this time the ANBU Captain won't be with you to give orders. You will be working with these two, as an equal." She introduced the other two ANBUs.

"I look forward to team up with you." One of them said behind the mask

Tsunade: "your team's job is to guard the Otouko Clan from any exterior threats until the country's condition becomes more stable."

"Is everything clear at this point? Oh, I almost forgot." She pulled out a drawer and grabbed three small medicine boxes. "Here, take these food pills with you. I know all of you are deprived of your sleep. These will provide you energy." She threw one box to each of us.

"Now, you are dismissed!"

"Hai!" The three of us begins our mission