Chapter 32 - Fortuitous Coincidence

Chapter 32 – Fortuitous Coincidence

"Pervert!" I quickly removed the folded towel from my head and wrapped it around my chest.

The person must be planning to peep.

I quickly formed hand seals: "Water Gathering Gorgon!" water was summoned and stroked at the peeping tom whom I haven't seen the face yet. "Owh-my elbow!" came from the other side, and I heard a big water splash; he must have fallen into the hot spring after his hands slipped. From the sound of that voice, this person must be around middle age. Middle age..

Thanks to him, I lost the mood to enjoy the Onsen, so I got out and went to grab my wooden bucket. In the ladies' changing room, I put on the Inn's cotton bath robe and went back to my guest room.

I was planning to stay for only three days lest the Akatsuki finds my whereabouts. On the third morning, I went down to checkout my room.

The old lady at the front desk was billing another customer in an awfully slow manner. While I waited, my eyes stared at an indoor bamboo fountain before I heard something that cut me off. "Oh my, what happened to your elbow?" The old lady adjusted her glasses and leaned closer to a customer's arm.

"Um?" I turned around to look: standing beside me at the front desk was a really tall man with waist-length spiky white hair. Then, I noticed his left elbow was indeed wrapped with a simple cotton sling.

"Wait.." The flashback from two nights ago came back; "Ow-my elbow!"

Could he be that peeping tom?!

"O-san! It was you who was trying to peep at the hot spring wasn't it!"

The man in question froze there like a statue. He turned around to face me, looking extremely embarrassed.

"Shh- shh, don't be so lound..!" He almost pleaded. "It's not what you think, please just let me explain..!"

"Tsk!" I crossed my arms

The bill was paid and I walked out of the Inn followed by the earlier peeping tom who's desperately trying to explain himself. I just ignored him and sat down in a dango shop across the street.

"O jou-san, com'on, just hear me out..! I was just doing some... research, you see"

"What kind of research must be done in a hot spring!? And just who are you?"

Hearing this, the pervert brushed off all embarrassment from earlier and showed pride.

"Heh, since you asked, I shall tell you my true identity!" He enthusiastically said

Kabuki music suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm the man who has no enemies in the North, South, East and West.."

"Not even in the Heavens! I'm one of the Sannin..."

"White-haired frog tamer..." PUFF he hoped on a summoned toad

"Even a crying baby would stare in awe... The Great Jiraiya!"

"That is me..! Oooooooh~"

He finished his entry in a dramatic kabuki dance.

".............................."

I somehow find this extremely amusing. To think of all people, I bumped into the legendary Sannin Jiraiya in a town like this.