Chapter 13 - The Hunchback and the proud Artist

Inhaling the smoke, the bird-masked ANBU coughed even though he tried to control it. Looks like he got himself noticed by the enemy.

"Tsk!" Tenzo clenched his teeth.

I quickly withdrew to the back of the woods to avoid being discovered. I continued to observe them from a distance.

The smoke dispersed, leaving a bit of transparency to see the enemy's silhouette. Surprisingly he wasn't alone! The other foe had a round outline, but from the shape of it, he wore a kasa with wide tassels hanging down, just like his partner. Two Akatsuki members once infiltrated Konoha about 3 years ago and clashed with a few Leaf Jounins. From their report, Akatsuki members apparently wore dark cloaks with a high collar. In addition of the Organization's trademark; red edged clouds are imprinted on. When the surrounding cleared itself from the smoke, the dual was confirmed to be part of the Akatsuki based on the way they dressed. The only thing is that their faces were shadowed by their wide kasas so I couldn't tell how they looked like.

"Judging from your attires, you are ANBUs from the Leaf?" A deep voice resonated from the stocky one.

Tenzo muttered: "I guess there's no use to hide now.. We can't avoid fights after all."

"Tenzo!" Called the bird-masked ANBU: "We either defeat them now to obtain their hideout's whereabout or try to reach a concession!"

"Seems like you Konoha Ninjas got business with the Akatsuki, HM?!" Said the other one. "We've got our own missions to take care of, but you masked morons get on my nerves. I'll blast you off with a BANG! Look, I'm not in a buoyant mood today.. especially after a heated argument over the perfect art, Hm, Sasori?!" The two ANBUs and I had no idea what this guy was talking about.

He continued: "Hey.. hey, be grateful at least, sending you off to heaven with my majestic art explosion is to be proud of! Hahaha!"

The three of us are all sweat dropping now.. I never knew there are someone so talkative and zealous as this fellow in an Organization such as the Akatsuki.

"Are you finished, Deidara?!" The stern one impatiently said.

"So they are Sasori and.. Deidara." I thought.

"Hm my man, let's get started!" Said Deidara, aflame with enthusiasm.