Chapter 50 - It May All end Here

The rain lasted for many more moments, leaving the two Akatsukis mildly tired. Our fight is dragging; no one has successfully landed any fatal attack on their opponent's side until now. I mostly just dodged their attacks and used the opportunity to deduce more strategies. Any false move can cost me my life. Kakuzu couldn't possibly be injured for his defensive ability. And Hidan disregarded any pain inflicted on him. I managed to emerge into the earth once again at some point and acquired time to appease my internal wound. Hidan ran out of patience at attacking my clones. The Jutsu broke and he finally left a cut on my original body with his scythe. Observing the situation, Kakuzu retreated from the battle on his own accord and sat down on the tree stump.

The silver haired Akatsuki lustfully licked off my blood from the blade and his skin turned into a shade of black and white skeletal frame. Hidan pointed the blade downward to let the rest of the blood to drip on the grass. His foot used the redness to paint an exact cult circle which he had laid on earlier. The initial one was long washed away by the rain. He shrieked hysterically and said, "now let's share the pain together..! YEHAHA!!"

I paid no serious attention to his speech as I had already labeled him half-crazy.

Hidan let out a sinister scream but soon converted it into a laugh. I looked at him, his face showed pure enjoyment. "This feels good... ahhh." His eyes everted upward in ecstasy and released a blissful sigh. I unconsciously bent down on the grass and coughed out blood. A sharp pain pierced through my abdomen area.

I looked at Hidan in shock as my gazed lowered to see a lance had perforated his own body; the exact place where I was supposedly injured. 

What's going on here..? Why did the wound inflict on my body without physical impacts?

Hidan: "the curse is just activated.. ANBU-chan. The ceremony may now begin."

Hidan reached down to grab the lance, retracting it slowly in a twisting manner. The atrocious pain flawlessly transferred to my own body. Blood continually oozed through my wound and the inside felt like being ripped further.

"Does it hurt? I'm dying to feel this heavenly pain..!" Hidan fully retracted the lance and stabbed it again in his own shoulder. "AHHHHO! How's that?! Huh?! Hehehe!!!"

My hand instantly pressed on my new wound. I could feel the hot blood sliding down my skin and permeating my ANBU flak jacket. My mind is starting to get blurry. If this goes, on, I'd be surely killed. But from the situation, I will only be injuring myself more if I land an attack on Hidan.

What to do!?

The Akatsuki drew out the lance from his shoulder and threw it on the ground, "this time you will die for real." He picked up his scythe and positioned the blades' tips towards himself.

"Now die!" Hidan hysterically screamed

"Enough, Hidan!" A rough and sinister voice hampered, barely stopping the silvered hair Akatsuki. The blade edge already touched his chest. One second later it'd be all over.

My eyes searched for the voice's origin and found a bulky figure walking out of the inner forest. The pointy silhouette revealed it to be Zetsu.

"Zetzu, what are you doing here?" Kakuzu asked

"Hidan, do you have any idea what will happen if you killed this ANBU?" Zetsu's dark side took over

"Like I'd give a damn! You bastard are ruining my mood to perform my ceremony! This is a sacred moment!" Hidan irritatingly protested

"The Akatsuki has use for this ANBU. I'm ordered to keep track of all her movements. One minute I was gone and now this.." The dark voice impatiently said

I thought the Akatsuki has already forgotten about me. But I was wrong. They were following me.

"Heh?! How come I have no idea about it?" Hidan sarcastically asked

"Not everyone in the Organization must know about this." Zetzu answered laconically

Hidan gave a mocking sneer.

...

Multiple rushing footsteps and thuds from tree branches' impacts were heard from a far distance.

"The Leaf has sent reinforcement. We must retreat." Zetsu informed

"Hidan, its your fault again for playing too long. We lost our bounty." Kakuzu became angry towards Hidan. The latter's skin colour returned to normal and expressed an extremely unsatisfied look on his face.

The three of them vanished.

My worn-out body finally lied down on the grassy plain. A moment later, in half-conscious state, I heard the rushing steps halted beside me. A voice urgently asked: "Hisako-san! Are you alright?!"

My tired eyelids only opened wide enough to distinguish the person's facial features. It was Yamato.

______________________________________________________

Chapter Bonus: Hisako's additional stats (currently known from chapters 1 to 50)

Chakara nature(s): wind, water and earth

Hisako's weakest ability among the three is her wind chakara.

Wind Technique(s)

- Divine Wind Release

Earth Technique(s)

-Earth Style Wall Release

-Mogurakagure no Jutsu (emerge into the ground/rocks)

-Tsuchi Kairo (rock dome)

Water Technique(s)

-Water Clone

-Water Gathering Gorgon

-Uramiame no Jutsu (grudge rain, chakara absorption + collaboration tech.)

Other Technique(s)

-Summoning (Yonakamaru)

Kekkei Genkai (meditation required)

-Detaching her soul from her body (practical for spying)

-Physical time travel

Statistics (shown at the introduction chapter)

Ninjutsu Taijutsu Genjutsu Intelligence Strength Speed Stamina Hand-Seals

     4           4             2               4              3.5         3           5               4

Total 29.5