Chapter 38 - The Epic Duo

Chapter 38 – The Epic Duo

A mission that no one else is more suitable than me..? What could that be?

Standing a few feet away, Shizune thought to herself with a comical face: "... Actually the Village is just short in available Ninjas at the moment. But even if this weren't the case, Tsunade-sama might want to recruit Hisako-san anyway, so.."

"Your mission is to secure the Land of Fire's border! Most of the Jounins have left for urgent missions.. The Village's current insufficient number of Ninjas could lead to susceptible foreign invasions. We cannot afford to send out more Ninjas to fortify the security, so I told Kakashi to find you in order to give us a hand." Tsunade crossed her fingers again

"Hai."

"The patrolling squad will be sent out in four-man teams. Your teammates shall be.."

Tsunade slid back her chair a few inches and pulled open a drawer behind her desk. Her hand took out a few paper documents and scanned them.

"You shall work with Team Guy! One of their members is on a different mission; Hisako, your job is to replace him!" Tsunade said, handing out her documents to me.

I took them over. On the paper showed the Team's information and statistics, along with four pictures of their members. Two of them looked strikingly alike.

"Ah.. poor Hisako..." Kakashi pressed his palm on his forehead with a helpless look.

Multiple rushing footsteps came from the corridor.

"Slow down, Lee!" A female voice shouted.

"OooOOoohh~!" The Office door has just been burst open by a fist punch. The door slammed against the sidewall, making it crack.

"Tsunade-sama! Where is our new team member?" The intruder eagerly asked.

"Come down, Lee!" Tsunade looked angry. "She is temporarily replacing Neji; I have no intention to add a permanent member to Team Guy!"

"Hai! I understand!" He immediately replied. (This guy sure is hyper..)

This "Lee" in question is a very unique looking person; he wears a tight green body-suit with orange leg warmers. He must be a Chuunin, for he is wearing a Konoha flask jacket.

Those are about the aggregate characteristics of his attire. But his face has the most distinguishing features. The first thing that comes into mind is "bushy brows", although he has funny looking eyes and a mushroom haircut. I secretly laughed to myself in my head while maintaining a serious look on the outside.

Two other people rushed into the office after Lee, running out of breath. They must belong to Team Guy, judging from the pictures I saw earlier.

Tsunade sighed. "Now that everyone is here, I shall introduce to you, your newest team member: Michitoki Hisako." Her hand gestured to me

The three new arrivals turned to my direction and enthusiastically greeted me.

The girl introduced herself first: "I'm Tenten! Nice to meet you!" She gave a very warm and welcoming smile. 

Lee followed: "Hello, my name is Rock Lee! Honored to meet you!" He gave me a 90-degree bow. My left eyebrow twitched to this sudden formal gesture.

"Even though I cannot use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, I want to prove to the whole world that I can still become a splendid Ninja with only Taijutsu!" Lee broke down into emotional tears and clenched his fist with burning eyes.

"My motto is to be stronger than yesterday; if I have to, I'll become stronger than a half day ago, even a minute ago! The person I admire the most is Guy sen-

"OW!" Tenten gave Lee a good punch with her knuckles

"Hai, hai. By introduction you don't need to say this much..." Tenten's fist swelled

"That's my favorite pupil! Lee! Keep up with your uplifted spirit of youth!" The Rock Lee look-alike passionately cried and hugged his student. The two cried together in a tight embrace...

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Everyone in the room looked at the two with a huge sweat on their forehead, especially Kakashi. Now I understand why he said "poor Hisako" earlier..

"Guy, you are the only one left.." Reminded Kakashi

"Hm, excuse-me. People call me the Leaf's Noble Gentleman, Might Guy!" His thumb pointed to himself with a flashy smile (mind you his teeth flashed for real).

This is a really amusing Team; Tenten is perhaps the only "normal one" among her teammates. I wonder what kind of personality does that Neiji have. Might Guy and Lee looks so much alike, could they be blood related? But their names are different.. Anyways, now I really look forward to start my new mission with my new Team!

"My name is Michitoki Hisako, nice to meet you, Team Guy!" I replied with a teeth-flashing smile

"We will make a fine team, Hisako-san!" Rock Lee gave me a classic good guy pose