Chapter 25 - Kakashi's Secret and The Strangest Akatsuki!

The purple haired woman stared down at us from a short building acme. Kakashi and Yamato arduously got back on their feet.

“Luckily this time his Genjutsu went easy on us…” Kakashi huffed

The newly appeared Akatsuki’s entire body rhythmically broke down into millions of small pieces of paper, scattering everywhere in the air.

“What kind of Jutsu is this…!” I gasped

Papers flew and covered the sky; they were ubiquitous. Shortly after, the sheets folded into Shurikens and simultaneously hurled towards us.

I quickly formed hand seals: “Earth-Style Wall Release!!!” My palms pressed on the ground; a solid wall of Earth instantly rose and blocked the frontal Shurikens. I heard numerous thrusting sounds on the other side of the wall; those weren’t just papers..! It seemed the opponent was in full control of all her paper Shurikens, as more of them actually changed direction and attacked us from our backside.

Yamato: “Earth Flow Spears Release!” The mud and stones from the ground condensed into spears and targeted the remaining Shurikens.

The opponent’s body finally materialized together; more papers flew to her, forming a pair of wings keeping her levitated. It was actually a very amazing sight. The woman lifted her arm to control the floating papers. She made a sign and the papers hurled at us again.

“This is bad..! There are paper bombs mixed in them!” Kakashi warned. “After I use this, my Chakara will be mostly depleted..” He lifted up his tilted headband. “KAMUI!”

Every paper in sight was absorbed into Kakashi’s left eye!

“That eye is a Sharingan!!” I was taken aback by this unexpected discovery

Kakashi kneeled on the ground in final exhaustion.

“Yamato-san! I now know where the Akatsuki’s hideout is! Kakashi can’t fight anymore, should we retreat?”

“Are you serious?!” Yamato looked surprised

“The Akatsuki is the Leader of Amegakure! Their base is right above us!!!"

“This can’t be…!” Yamato snapped out of it: “Retreat for now!”

I quickly summoned Yonakamaru and hopped on his back. Yamato helped Kakashi and joined me.

“I’m not going to let you leave here alive..!” The Akatsuki member shouted

Yonakamaru located the enemy and released a wide range fire stream, burning up every papers and the opponent’s body itself, buying us time to escape. The sky turned orange, fire sparks ignited everywhere.

“Let's go!, Yonakamaru!” We hold on tight as he quickly dashed into the sky.

About the time we reached the altitude of the highest building, I looked at the Akatsuki base; standing there was the exact same man as earlier. He observed our entire fight. For a brief second we locked eyes; there was something unusual about him, he had numerous symmetrical piercings on his nasal bridge. And, above all, his eyes, for their colours were purple.