Chapter 3

Randell's POV

I've been ringing the doorbell for 5 times already and no one has opened the gate yet..I was about to leave Connor's house when suddenly one of his maids opened the gate.

"Sir Randell..what a pleasant surprise..come In"

I nodded In response

"Where's Connor?" I asked

"He's In the basement sir.. uhmm have a seat..I'll just call him"

I sat down on the sofa...nothing much has change since I last visited here; although I noticed that some of his maids and guards have been changed already..

I really feel at home whenever I am In his mansion..the basement (where you can play billiards), the 8 swimming pools and 4 jacuzzi's, his 27 cars including his 3 limousines, and the garden that Is very big and a peaceful place to stay In. The garden composes of 50 different kinds of flowers; That Is because Connor has a green thumb. He has this love for nature; so whenever he has free time, he always stays In his garden to plant more flowers.

"Randell!" He yelled

I stood up...as to my suprise he punched me In the stomach.

"Ouch!..what's that for?!" I yelled even more

"Thats what you get for rejecting my calls, ignoring my texts, and didn't show up for 4 months" he smiled wickedly

"Okay..I get It..I'm sorry..I just needed space during that time" I said ...still holding to my stomach (It Goddamn Hurts!)

"Do you want some whiskey or champagne?" He offered

"I would love too.." I was like a child that has been offered a candy...my mood suddenly ligthen up...Connors knows me very well...Im addicted to alcoholic drinks

As we entered his majestic Kitchen, I saw different kinds of glass shapes and colors--perfect for drinking alcoholic drinks.

I kept suggesting Connor to make his own "Bar Restaurant" since he already collects many wine,cocktail,whiskey, and champagne drinks and glasses but he kept on insisting that It wouldn't be a good business.

We took a seat...I just stared at the champagne bottle that Is Infront of me...I watched him pour some champagne In my glass as well as his.

He then added some Ice on It...

"How are you now?" He asked

"I'm fine" I lied

I started drinking my champagne...I added some more Into my glass for I am not yet satisfied

"You're not okay" he said as he shook his head

I stopped drinking for a while..waiting for him to continue--

"I know you love Kendra very much...you became miserable...you even abandoned your responsibilities In your dad's companies...but--" he wasn't able to continue what he's saying; because I drinked his champagne...

I started getting 2 bottles of whiskey from the refrigerator...

"I care about you Randell...I am your bestfriend..I don't want seeing you dying each and every day...there's millions of girls out there--" I suddenly interrupted him..

"She's getting married..by next month" I managed to say as I took another shot of whiskey--

"She's moving on Randell..and why won't you do the same thing for yourself?" He asked

"I....Can't." I said

He took the two bottles of whiskey that I got and returned It Inside the refrigerator

"You've had enough" he said

"I've heard your the new boss of Neville Design's Incorporation...and that youre brother will be here by next week..He's the new CEO of the company" he added

"I know--and It will be a lot worse...we'll be working together and I don't know If I can meet his standards and expectations" I calmly said

"He's your brother--you don't need to please him; you are good as you are" he gave me his positive smile

Connor Is the HR Manager of my dad's companies--He is industrious,intelligent and Is very good when It comes to giving advices...He's like a brother to me already since me and Marko are not close...

All of his hardwork paid off..he was able to buy this awesome mansion and luxurious cars..He Is very independent and will do anything for the company--without him...some of our companies might have been closed by now.

"See you In the office tommorow..boss" he assumingly said

"See yah" I responsed

I'm finally back-- but not still complete...