Chapter 13

Jena's POV

I'm done with all the household chores. I was able to clean the house, wash the dishes, laundry our clothes, and took care of dad. Rain came late from work at around 9 pm and I offered him to eat dinner since I was able to cooked pasta.

"I've already eaten my dinner with my co teachers" he said as he was lying down on the sofa.

"Where's dad?" he asked

"He's already asleep. He insisted to wait for you but I told him to take rest" I replied as I was mixing juice

I sat on the other side of the sofa and I handed the calling card to Rain.

He looks confused but then he looked at the calling card that I gave him. "Mrs.Edna Waltz?" he asked as he mentioned the name of the lady written In the calling card.

"Yes. I saw that calling card beneath Dad's bed a while ago as I was cleaning the house." I explained

"So you mean to say...Dad wants to work?" He asked as he was raising his eyebrows

"Yes" that's all I can say

"Well I don't see anything wrong about that" he said

"What do you mean?" I asked confusingly

"I mean It's not bad..after all, I don't want dad to feel as if he has nothing to do anymore In his life" he said

Yeah, Rain has a point. But how could dad even work If he can't walk already?

I decided not to argue about this anymore; since Rain Is very tired from work.

Rain removed his shoes as well as his socks; and he started opening his laptop to make a lesson plan for his students tomorrow. I placed the juice near him and decided to go upstairs to sleep.

He usually sleeps at around 10 pm; and wakes up at 7 am. To be honest, I salute him. He Is very hardworking and he sees to It that me and dad are always fine.

-

-

-

The next day....

I woke up and started brushing my teeth, washing my face, and took a bath. I wear my uniform In papa's Pizzeria and I went downstairs to check on dad and Rain.

As to my surprise, they were eating already. They look happy as they were talking and they weren't able to notice that I was standing there for a while.

"Ahem" I said as I pretended to cough

"Jena, have a seat. Join us" Dad said happily

"Both of you seems happy today" I said as I was looking at Dad and Rain

"Let's just say that today Is a new day" Rain said cheerfully

Okay?...I'm really curious right now and they won't even go straight to the point. the suspense Is killing me.

I got some eggs and sausages and I started eating. They're not talking anymore for a while as they were eating.

"Rain..Dad...please tell me. What's going on?" I asked out of curiosity.

"The doctor called a while ago" Rain said as he was looking at Dad.

"And?" I asked

"And..he told me that there's a big chance for Dad to walk again!" He said as he was shouting at the top of his voice.

Dad joined Rain as well, and he started shouting too

"At last!..I don't need wheelchairs anymore! " Dad screamed

"umm..What are the procedures needed for Dad's treatment?" I asked; In order to break the noise.

They stopped screaming. Thank God.

"The doctor told me that Dad should undergo physical therapy and corrective braces to help him walk" Rain exclaimed

Wow..that's totally a good news.

"How much do we need to pay for the treatment?" I asked. To be honest, I'm willing to pay a large amount of money; Provided that Dad can walk again. If that happens, that wil be the luckiest day of my life.

"3000 dollars" Rain said

woahh..that's a large amount of money. But I know me and Rain can do our best to earn that money.

"Okay, we can do this" I said as I was holding at Dad's hands.

Dad looks very happy and It makes me and Rain happy as well. Thank you God, For giving my dad a chance to walk again.

We were able to finished our breakfast. Rain left for work and I was about to leave as well. I reminded dad the things he shouldn't do when me and Rain are not around.

"I've memorized It already Jena...for a millionth time" Dad said as he was laughing at me.

"Okay dad, kindly recite the rules for me" I said as to make sure he really knows.

"Not allowed to go outside the house"

"Not to do stressful/difficult chores like: cooking and cleaning the house"

"Not to talk to strangers"

"I should not forget to drink my painkillers"

"I should take some rest"

"And lastly, to call either you or Rain just In case I needed something or if I feel sick"

Dad was able to recite all the important rules I made for him.

"Hi five Dad" I said as we hi five at one another

"Bye Jena..take care" dad said as he was closing the door

"Bye Dad..I love you" I replied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for reading my story guys!..hope you like It. :)))))