Chapter 25

Jena's POV

"What kind of employee Is he?. It's his first day today; and yet he's not still here. He's twenty five minutes late already" I grumpily said as Donatello handed me the order.

Donatello substituted as the "waiter" for the meantime. And I feel pity for my friend. He was supposed to be here In the kitchen baking with me. That "Jake" Is just good In talking.

"Just chill Jena. He might have caught In a traffic or maybe something happened to him" Donatello defensively said.

I was expecting him to get annoyed for Jay not showing up to work. Well I guess I was wrong; he seems concerned of that guy. And I don't know why; he must have a black magic or something.

He easily got the attention and sympathy of Sir Louie and Donatello. It's easy for him to manipulate people through his speaking skills. If there's one thing I'm sure of; that Is I guarantee to everyone that I will never be manipulated by that guy.

"Jay Is here now" Donatello exclaimed as he was wearing his apron and hairnet.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored the words Donatello told me. As much as I really wanted to ask Donatello the reason why Jay Is late; I just can't . My pride Is killing me.

"Here's another order" Jay said as he came Inside the kitchen area. He was staring at me and I decided to grabbed the order from his hand; without looking at him.

"You know what?. We don't tolerate late employees here" I continued baking; waiting for him to answer back.

"I--" I suddenly interrupted him.

"Let me guess. You woke up late" I said.

Donatello was staring at us and I can see that he was feeling the tension In the atmosphere. He remained silent as he was making the pizza dough.

"No. As a matter of fact; the reason why I was late Is because--" I butted In again. "Oh I know now!. You got caught In a traffic" I said as I faced him this time. I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to answer.

"No. I--"he said as I butted In again.

"Then what's your reason, Mr?" I asked.

"Forget It" he said as he walked out of the kitchen. Well, he's the one who came late; And now he's getting annoyed?. It's really hard to understand him.

"You did not let him explain" Donatello finally said; As I was brought back to my senses.

That made me realized my fault. It was my fault. Erase! Erase! Jena! What were you thinking?. Of course! It's not your fault !. He's the one who came late. You were just reprimanding him; even though It's Sir Louie's job to do so. (I kept that In mind)

"Donna, I'm done with the first order. Can you please give this to Jay?" I pleaded.

He just nodded and rang the bell. Why Is he not talking to me?. He supposed to be talkative and energetic? Did I do something wrong? Is this because of what happened between me and Jay?.

Jay got the order without saying anything. Just play It cool Jena. Breathe In, Breathe out.

It's been a long day; And finally It's our closing time now.

Should I talk to him? Should I apologize? Will he mind me?. I am bothered now and I'm having a hard time In deciding on what to do.

I went In the employees room and I spotted the three of them talking( Sir Louie, Jay, and Donna). They suddenly stopped talking when they saw me. It's seem like they've seen a ghost -_-

Sir Louie offered me to seat with them and I followed his order. Silence has filled the atmosphere and none of them wanted to talk. Are they waiting for me to apologize? Or Is this just a trick?.

Okay. This Is It Jena. Don't let your pride eat you. It's now or never.

"I'm sory" I said fastly. I don't know If they understand It or not. They looked at each other's faces as they started getting confused.

"I'm sorry" I said once again. But this time In a slow manner.

"The reason why Jay was late Is because he bought some decorations that we can use for this restaurant" Sir Louie explained.

Oh no. What have I done? . I suddenly feel guilty. I hope he's not mad at me now despite everything I've said.

"I'm so sorry" I sincerely said. "It's okay; Past Is Past. Friends?" He extended his hand; waiting for me to accept his handshake.

"Friends" I gladly said.

*handshake*

Sir Louie and Donatello were eyeing at us as they giggled .

I'm glad that me and Jay are friends now. No more hard feelings towards each other.

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading my story guys! ^_^. Please vote and put a comment. I'll be updating the next chapter tomorrow. Godbless all of you! ♡♥♡♥♡♥♥