Chapter 6

Jena's POV

It's been a long, tiring day...we were able to served 50 customers and somehow It's a good news; Because, our earnings went high. Me and Donatello are now In our employee's room to get our stuffs and go home.

"I saw your messenger..and I can't believe It!..I mean..why should you still message your ex?" Donatello looks frustrated

"So let me guess..that's the reason why you got my phone a while ago?" I asked; trying to change the topic

"Yup..and please answer my question; Instead of changing the topic" he gave me his glaring look

"I just wanted to know If--" I wasn't able to continue what I'm saying because he suddenly butt in

"Don't tell me until now you're still expecting Dylan to come back" he exclaimed

I remained silent for a while...(the truth Is, I still love Dylan until now; even if It hurts me as hell when he didn't return..He's a photographer. I met him In the Highland Park here In New York. I still remember that day...I was sitting on the bench; enjoying the beautiful view of the park. When suddenly I saw him from afar, taking pictures of me.

He smiled at me and I smiled back..he came near me and sat on the bench too. He showed me my stolen pictures and I was really amused. He Is talented. He told me that he finds me beautiful..

"You're funny" I giggled..

"Really?...but I'm serious . You are beautiful" he stared at my hazel brown eyes.

I got up from the bench and decided to go..but he grabbed my hand

"If ever I don't see you again...I just want you to know that you are...beautiful"

Since that day, I never expected to see that guy..I mean New York is one of the largest cities In the world...and for sure, I wouldn't see that guy anymore. It's like finding a needle In a haystack.

But I was wrong...we saw each other again In the coffee shop. From then on, we became good friends. He told me his name Is Dylan Smith and I told mines as well. I showed him the place where I work..here In Papa's Pizzeria. He always go to the restaurant to visit me and to treat me coffee as well.

I introduced him to Donatello, Sir Louie and to my dad and brother Rain as well.

they accepted and welcomed him..we were very happy during that time.

Months passed by.. and we started liking each other. We promised to each other that we will never be separated. As a result, we officially became a couple. He made me happy...I was never sad when I was with him. And that day came...the happiest day of my life. He proposed to me and I immediately gave him my "yes". We were engaged and everything was okay. But then one day, he told me to meet him In the Highland park- The same park where we first saw each other. He personally told me that he needed to go to Australia.

"I don't want to go but I have no choice . I am thinking for our future: Our wedding and for our future children as well.My friend invited me to Australia..he says It's a big project!..In that way, I can earn a lot of money" he said giving me the "do not worry look"

"when will you come back?" I sadly asked

"I'll be back by 6 months. Don't worry..everything will be okay Jena. You will always be here in my heart. Think about It...once I come back, we will marry right away" he said as he hold my hand

"I will never remove this" I said as I was looking at the ring In my finger

"Same here" he smiled

A week after...

I went with him In the airport..

"Don't give me that sad face on your face" he said as he was touching my lips..trying to make me smile

I gave him my fake smile; trying my best to cheer up

"I will be back" he promised..

And that was the last day that I saw him ever since he left.

Donatello snapped his fingers in front of my face..

I looked at him and answered..."Yes..I'm still hoping that one day he'll come back" I bow down trying to avoid what his reaction Is going to be.

"For God sake Jena!, wake up sister!...since the day he left, he never contact you. Until now he didn't come back..It's been two years already!...It only means one thing..he have forgotten you already."

As he say those words I suddenly feel hurt again..like a knife that has stabbed my heart 50 times. Whatever he said Is true..and the truth hurts. And here I am, still messaging him each and every day; but It always ended up the same...no reply from him.

tears started falling out of my hazel brown eyes..

I can't really pinpoint the reason why I cried..the fact that what Donatello said Is correct or the fact that I still love Dylan and wanted him to come back so badly.

"You told me he's getting married already right?..that you saw In his timeline In face book that he's already engage with an Australian" Donatello asked as he was waiting for my reply

I nodded and left immediately...the pain I'm experiencing Is too unbearable.