Chapter 45

Note: I want to thank all of you for the endless support that you guys have given me. I never expected that my story will reach this far. You guys are the best!!

This chapter will be all about Rain Davis. I hope that you guys still finds the story interesting. And lastly, I would like to apologize for all my wrong grammars and spellings as well. I will try my best to do better.

-----------------------------------------------------
                      Rain's POV

I saw her standing from afar. The girl i've been secretly admiring for two years.

"Hey, what's up Rain?" Leendon asked from behind.

Leendon is my co teacher and my bestfriend as well.

We weren't friends before. I remember when I was still in college, we would always fight each other. We would usually talk trashes to one another.

But one day, his father died. That's the time he open up to me. He told me that he grew up with a kind of life he doesn't want. He used to take drugs before; and that he doesn't have any plan to study in college.

College for him is a total waste of time. He finds education useless; and that he rather stay at his home, smoking and drinking alcoholic drinks all day

Even though he always talk trashes against me, I still sympathize him.

I know that he is capable of doing something great; He seems to ignore his capabilities.

And when his father died, I tried my best to know him better. To understand him as well.

It turns out that he always quarrels with his dad. He started changing for the better when his father died, he told me that he would continue pursuing the dreams that his dad set up for him. And that dream is for him to be a teacher. He regreted all the days that he have wasted in his life. The days that he should have spent with his father; instead of gambling with his friends.

Now that he is a science teacher, I can say that i'm very proud of him. He didn't give up even though his father is already  dead. He's been living alone for eight years now; and that he became the man he wanted himself to be.

Leendon is like a brother to me already. And I really respect him a lot.

"She might melt" he said

I looked at him with confusion. What does he mean?

"You've been staring at her for fifteen minutes and ten seconds now" he said as he was looking at his watch

"Hey, it's fifteen minutes and ten point three seconds already" I chuckled

Yeah. He's the only person who knows that I like Paige for two consecutive years now. I just can't see the point, why can't she even realize that I like her?. I'm really bad when it comes to courting girls. I guess i'm afraid. Afraid that she might reject me.

"What are you waiting for?. Are you going to court her now or  wait for another year again?" He asked in annoyance.

"Hey, it's not easy okay. What do you want me to do?. To show myself infront of her and tell her that I like her for two years already?. It's not easy okay. I still need time" I answered

"Well that time will take a very long time" he said

"What if she rejects me?" I asked

"And what if she don't?" He asked me back

Well he has a point. But i'm still not ready to confess my true feelings to her. She treats me as a friend and as her co teacher.

What if she don't like me back?

I'm afraid that she might distant herself away from me; if she finds out the truth.

And I don't want our friendship to vanish just like that. Or should I say, I don't want to lose her.

If being just friends could make her stay with me, then so be it.

"Rain!" She yelled as she was waving her hands.

"Go get her tiger" Leendon pushed me; going towards Paige

"Hi! Can you please help us?. We are really tired of decorating the stage" She looks exhausted, but still pretty

"Yeah, sure. Me and Leendon would like to help" I said

"Oh thank you very much!. I'll go eat first in the cafeteria"  She hugged me tightly

"I'll see you later" she smiled.

And just like that, she left.

"Seriously bro?. You wasted another opportunity"  He grumpily said

I just ignore him and started decorating the stage. Today is the foundation day of the school, and it's celebrating it's twenty seven years.

The students are busy running around and enjoying chatting with one another.

"Hi sir Rain!" They said in unison

"Hi!" I greeted back at my grade eight students

"Sir did we pass your Geometry subject? They suddenly asked

"I wasn't able to compute your grades yet" I said as I was still busy, decorating the stage.

"Sir we really can't sleep at night, thinking if we passed your subject or not"  they added

"Well I pass students who are exerting effort, so don't worry guys" I assure them

"Yeah, he gives considerations to those who are putting some effort. But he, himself doesn't exert effort" Leendon said in a low tone of voice

Seriously?. I hope my students didn't hear what he said.

Well I'll prove him wrong. The right time will come.

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my story guys!. Please leave your comments.:)))