Chapter 18

Randell's POV

I've spent my whole day attending the meetings that I've missed. What's left now Is for me to go to Chicago tomorrow to be a guest speaker In an orientation. I've really waited for this moment to come In my life. To enlighten people who wants to put up their own businesses Is heartwarming. I will inspire them by giving them motivation. This is something that I call as an accomplishment In my life. And It's truly an honor; to be picked by my Uncle Chris.

Uncle Chris owns several businesses as well. Ours Is more on designs and fashion of clothing; while his business Is about promoting and inventing new dishes. His a food lover. He truly dedicate his passion In cooking; since he became a chef In Greece for about nine years. And because of that, he was able to come up with an idea of putting his own business In regards with food.

The last time I saw him Is when he visit me In my condominium two years ago. He gave me a special dessert: Halvasi ( It Is made up of butter cake semolina, raisins, almonds, served alone or with vanilla ice cream and pomegranate syrup). From then on, I was able to learn how to do that amazing dessert.

I remembered making one for Kendra. She liked It very much; and she requested me to make some for her during her birthday. Those days.

I sighed as I decided to resume In my workout again.

I can't forget what happened earlier In the coffee shop. Me and Connor were seating outside the coffee shop. I was drinking my Cafe latte; when suddenly a guy bumped me from behind. That made my Cafe latte spilled all over my business suit. I know I can always buy another one but the fact that the guy became careless; made me embarassed by other people. They noticed the coffee stain all over my polo and coat.

The guy didn't even say sorry; he continued running very fast. I had a feeling that he stole something from someone; he was holding a girl's wallet. I did not think twice; I immedately chased him.

There were a lot of people In our way; and It mades me have a hard time In catching him. Luckily, he stopped when he saw the green light signal; which made the cars passed by. He stopped as he realized that he can't cross the street. He looked at his left side and he run their very fast.

I took out all the speed that I have and I started racing like a jet all the way to that guy. The people in the streets were staring at us and they were wondering If this all just an action movie scene. Well sort of.

I was close enough In catching the guy. I must admit, he runs like a cheetah. Since I'm near already, I decided to jump at his back and he fell on the ground. I got the wallet from him; and he punched me at my stomach real hard.

He run away from me again; knowing that I'll fight back. Good thing two cops saw the guy punched me and they chased him immediately.

I was still sitting on the ground; gathering all the strength that I could have In order to get up. My stomach still hurts as hell and I really need to get my hands on him.

After a while, the two cops came back and they were holding the guy's hand. Not letting him go.

I requested the policemen If I could just punch that guy for what he did. They agreed and forced the guy to come near me. I used my right hand to punch him straight In the eye ; as my left hand was still holding at my stomach. He got a black eye right away.

I handed the wallet to the policemen; hoping that they could return It to the rightful owner. They left and I texted Connor; informing him that I'll be going In my condominium now. I really need to change my stained clothe and to take rest as well.

And now I'm here In the gym to strengthen my muscles more. This will help me In preparing myself for more incidents to come. I see to It that I'm fit.

After hours of workout,

I decided to go back to my condominium. As much as I want to drink wine, I can't. I need to sleep early so that I wouldn't miss my flight tomorrow In Chicago. My flight Is in the afternoon but whenever I drinked alcoholic drinks; I always ended up waking up late. Very late.

I hope everything will be okay tomorrow. I don't want Uncle Chris to be disappointed of me. This Is It. Another chance for me In order to make It up to dad.