Chapter 16

Randell's POV

"Have a safe trip  In Chicago" Connor said as he was pouring some wine Into my glass.

He must have noticed my silence.
A while ago, I was busy checking on Kendras posts when suddenly he came In my condominium.

"Thanks bro" I gave him my fake smile

He handed me my glass and I gladly accepted It.

He sat on the couch; as he was waiting for me to open up a topic

To be honest, I really don't know what to say. Should I tell him what happened between me and my dad?. I know that he can help me but I just don't want my friend getting involve In such problems.

The problems I'm facing now are too heavy to handle. And all of this are eating my mind right now. I've been preoccupied lately.

After all, not all rich people are happy with their lives. Some people thinks that we already have all the happiness In the world. But they're mistaken. For me, real happiness Is not about material things only. True happiness Is when your surrounded by your love ones. And that Is the thing that money can't buy.

"I saw Kendra's recent posts In facebook" Connor looked at me as he was waiting for my reaction

"Yeah. It's almost her wedding day" I said as I stood up to get some more wine.

"Well have you seen these?" He asked as he was giving me his Iphone 6 plus.

My eyes suddenly widen when I saw that she's still wearing the engagement ring that I gave her when we were about to get married before.

Seriously?!..Is she trying to pissed me off?!..I don't know what she's trying to imply but I'm pretty sure that whatever It Is ...It's not good.

"I guess you were too busy looking at her face that you haven't noticed the engagement ring you gave her" Connor said as he was waiting for me to laugh.

"I don't love her anymore" I said as I emphasized each word.

Did I really move on?. Did my feelings for her really fade away?. Do I still want to be with her?. Those are the questions that me (myself) don't know the answers. I just want to act as If Im okay; I hope Connor believed.

"Just like that?. You'll let her marry with another man?"

I know what my friend wants to know. He just want to caught me If I still love Kendra. He just won't go straight to the point.

"Stop beating around the bush..will ya?" I chuckled

"Hey I was about to outsmart you bro" he protested

I just shook my head and started drinking more wine.

After a while, I feel tipsy.

I saw Connor drinking a lot of wine too. But he still looks okay. I envy him for that -.-

"I'll be going now"  he said as he took his Iphone 6 plus and coat as well.

I waved goodbye at him and as soon as he left, I went straight to the bathroom to vomit.

I vomit a lot of wine. Wasted-,-

I went to my bedroom and started lying down on my king-size bed.

I wanted to change my clothes but I feel too lazy to get up. Now I smell bad-,-

As I rest my head on my pillow, I felt as If something Is there.

I removed my pillow and saw the picture frame of my mom (I'ts my mom's picture).