Chapter 72

Jena's POV

Jay and I are waiting for Donatello to go out of Sir Louie's office.

I'm feel so blessed right now. Sir Louie told us a while ago that someone gave a charity to us, in order to save the restaurant.

I bet he/she is a loyal customer of ours.

Jay is right. Everything will be alright.

Donatello suddenly came out of the office. He was holding a brown envelope with him. I wonder what happened.

He's been inactive for this past few days. Usually, he would talk a lot. But now, he's acting strange.

"I will miss you guys" he suddenly hugged us.

"Why? What's the matter?" I looked at Jay and it seems that he doesn't know what's happening too.

"I'll be staying in Italy. For good" he cried aloud

"Why?!" I asked.

Jay looks shocked as well.

"My dad is is in a b-bad co-condition now. He is suffering fr-from heart attack" he stuttered.

Aww. I wasn't expecting him to say that. Donatello loves his dad. Even though his dad chose his stepmother and not him.

And that was the reason why he migrated here in New York. He wanted to start a new life. He ran away from his dad with a heavy heart.

Was he mad at his dad?. Yes

But as time goes by, he told me that he misses his dad already. He haven't seen his dad for a long, long time.

"Is your stepmother living with your dad still?" I asked, trying to comfort him.

"No. Not anymore" he said coldly. "That witch left my dad two years after I ran away from them" he added.

"I'm a bad daughter. All this time, my dad was alone and I never knew about it. His neighbor called me the day before yesterday; telling me that dad is in a serious condition right now. They also told me about my stepmother who already left him years ago" he cried even more.

"It's not your fault sister. You were hurt way back then. Don't blame yourself" I patted his back.

"Jena is right. Your stepmother is the one responsible for your dad's condition. Knowing that your dad picked her over you, she should have stayed with your dad" Jay added.

"When will you go back to Italy?" I asked.

"Next week. Sir Louie already approved my resignation letter" He continued crying.

"I'm going to miss you guys. You're like a family to me now" he said sincerely.

"Were going to miss you too, sis." I hugged him tightly.

"Just do what you think is right. Your dad needs you, and we understand your situation. You need to stay with him. It will be hard for us to let you go, but we can't do anything." Jay said once more.

I must admit. It will really be hard for me not to be with him anymore. He became my friend, adviser, and a sister as well.

I guess life is really like that. Not all people will stay in your life, and you have to accept that.

Friendship is not only about being together in good times.

Donatello taught me an important thing in life. And that is to learn how to forgive.

He forgive his dad.

He chose to do the right thing and I admire him for that.

A person like him who has a golden heart is easy to love. He deserves the happiness that he need. And if it means by letting him go back to Italy with his dad, then so be it.

Yes. That's how much I love my sister.

"Don't forget to call me once you're there already. Or else i'm going to go there in Italy and drag you back here in New York" I tried to make him laugh.

"Of course sis. I will never forget all of you. Thank you for everything" he said.

"Everything will be alright. Who knows, you may find your true love there" Jay winked at him.

"That's the thing I like about you Jay. You never failed to make us happy" Donatello wiped away his tears.

We still have one week with him. I'll do everything to treasure our last moments together.

------------------------------------------------------

Note: Thank you for reading my story guys. Next chapter will be updated soon.

Lots of love

-Jameela6