Chapter 19

Jena's POV

"You did what?!" Rain asked as he was staring at me badly.

"I chased the guy and--"

"Whats important is your safety; you shouldn't have chased him. Tell me, what would you do If that guy has a friend with him and they do something bad to you?" Rain looks worried.

"I would fight back" I said as I bow down my head; waiting for him to shout at me again.

"Jena, New York Is a big place; I just don't want you to be In trouble. I don't know what will happen If something bad happened to you. I can't forgive myself for that. " as to my surprise he just spoke to me calmly this time.

Well I can't blame Rain for that. Why am I so stupid?. I was just thinking about the money. I don't have the guts to show my face to Sir Louie once I lost that large amount of money. And besides, some of my savings are In the wallet too; so I really need to get It from that guy. Even If It means doing crazy stuffs like chasing him to death.

Good thing someone got the money from the bad guy or else the money I've been saving for dad's treatment wouldn't be enough.

Although we still need a lot of money; but at least this few amount I got could help.

"I'm sorry" I sincerely said.

"Promise me that you wouldn't do crazy things like that In your life again." Well It's really obvious that he's stating an order. I can sense It on how he emphasized each word he mentioned.

But I can't promise him that. I know that there would be more troubles to come In my life; and I don't want him resolving all of those for me. I should learn how to stood up for myself; In that way I could protect myself as well as Rain and my dad.

"But--" I'm having a hard time stating my answer. What my brother wants, he always gets. And once he decided something for our family, no one could interfere; not even dad.

"No but's no If's" he said. It's either you pick yes or yes for an answer" he added.

Wow. Just wow. Why did he even let me choose If the choices are just the same?. I'm starting to think that I have a crazy, overprotective brother. Well I guess that's how he manipulate his students In school. Now I feel their pain -_-

"Yes" I said as I was having a hard time saying It. " Now that's my good little sister" he said as he was messing up my hair.

"You could have at least give me a good choice" I muttered

"What did you say?" He asked.

"Nothing" I lied; as I was giving him my fake smile.

He bought my lie. Pheew!

Today Is Saturday; which only means one thing. Its our family bonding day!. Well me and Rain don't have work every Sunday but the thing Is, his busy making the lesson plans and presentations as well. I supposed to have my work today; but Sir Louie insisted to give me and Donatello a break since we really need to buy the ingredients needed for the pizza making.

"I can see that there's a brother-sister moment here" Dad said as he was lying on the sofa.

"Dad, you've been awake all this time?" Rain asked

"Well I woke up when I heard you guys arguing" dad said as he was looking at me and Rain.

Rain Is the one who's shouting at me; so I'm innocent.

"We were not arguing dad...we were just..." Rain said as he was thinking for a perfect lie to say to dad.

"We were just joking at one another" I lied.

"You owe me one" I whispered to Rain. He gave me a thumbs up for that.

I helped dad get up from the sofa; dad suddenly laughed aloud.

"You know guys, my age Is 48 years old. So you can't fool with me" dad continued laughing like an hyena.

We stared dad for a moment with our mouths wide open. We look dumbfounded. Well I guess dad tricked us this time.

I cooked roasted chicken for our dinner and I decided to prepare vegetable salad as well. It would make a perfect combination.

After we ate our dinner, we decided to watch a movie. Rain wants us to watch "Taken 3"; while I insisted for us to watch "The Twilight Saga".

"But we already watched It for a thousanth time" Rain said. Wow. We just watched It for four times and he exaggerated It making It a "thousand".

"You're not just fun of romance; that's why" I defensively said.

"Well there's no forever; so why bother to watch" Rain argued

"Action movies Is really violent.There's blood everywhere throughout the scene. So It's a big NO" . I said

"Romantic movies teaches us to believe In forever; well as a matter of fact there's none. So It's a big NO too". He answered back

Dad rang the bell to call our attention. We must have been noisy. Or should I say, VERY noisy.

"We'll be watching Dear John" dad said as me and Rain followed his order.

Well at least we ended up watching a romance movie. I've been looking at Rain; and I can see that he looks annoyed.

If he find the right girl for him someday; I really think he will start watching Romantic movies.

-------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: thanks for reading my story guys!!. Please Vote and put a comment:)). I'll be updating the next chapter tommorow. Godbless all of you!:)