Chapter 22

Randell's POV

*47 misscalls; 38 text messages- Connor Brooks*

It's been three days already; since Dad said those words to me. I didn't show up In the company as well; and I've been ignoring my bestfriend's texts and calls. They say that It's best to share your problem to someone; In that way, It will ease the pain. But In my case, I prefer to keep It to myself.

I've been lying down on my couch; and I'm feeling tipsy right now. I don't know how I'll end up living my life. Would I be happy?
Will I see my mom again? Is there a chance for me and Marko to be close again?.

I really meant the words that I said to Dad. When I told him that I'm out of their lives and they won't see me again. I don't know If I could survive without Dad and Marko. There my family and no matter what happens; Blood will still be thicker than water. I just have said those words out of anger.

Because of what happened between me and Dad, I was able to realized something. I realized that I should be brave enough and to be a better man. A man that can accomplish and make a great impact to other people's lives.

My phone suddenly beeped. It's Connor again.

I answered the call; and waited for him to talk.

"I'm outside your condominium bro. Let me In" he said; as I looked out of the window.

I saw him holding two bottles of whiskey. I ended up the call; and yelled outside the window.

"Come In!. The door Is not locked" I said.

He  immediately went In. As he entered my room, he noticed bottles of wine scattered all over the floor.

"I guess you won't need this anymore" he said as he showed the bottles of whiskey he's holding.

I checked my mini fridge; and saw that there's no more wines left. I must have consumed all already.

I went back to him; and got the wine from his hand. "Thanks" I hoarsely said.

He shook his head and stared at me for a while.

"I heared your brother and Dad talking a while ago In your office" he sighed. "Is It true that you won't come back anymore In the company?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes"

"What about the company?. Your dad Is sick and you know that." He said worriedly

"I don't know what to do" I said as I took another shot of whiskey. My head hurts a lot now and I don't have any idea on what's going on my mind right now.

"I'm here to help you bro" he sincerely said.

I looked at him confusingly. I wonder what he's going to suggest to me.

"I can replace you for the meantime. I'll convince your Dad" he said. "If that will be okay to you?" He added.

I started thinking for a while. This Is It. A chance for me to prove to Dad that I'm not a failure.

"Okay" I said.

"So what do you plan to do now?" He asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know" I replied honestly.

He remained silent for a while.

"I've got an idea!" He cheerfully said. " What Is It?" I asked.

"Why not live your life normally; like what other people do". He suggested.

"What's the point of It?" I asked.  I want him to get straight to the point.

"In that way, you could prove something to your Dad and brother" he said.

I seem unconvince of his idea. I don't know If that will bring me any good.

"Think about It, you will become a better man. And that will make your Dad proud of you". He continued.

Well he has a point there. I guess my brain functions slowly today. Maybe It's because of all the alcoholic drinks I've drunk.

"Not only that. You'll be able to find someone who will truly love you for who you are; without any riches involve". He added.

"You're sick" I chuckled.

I don't think I'll be able to replace Kendra. I'm not sure If I can love someone the way I loved her.

"C'mon. Think about It" he said as he left my condominium.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my story guys!:)). Please vote and put a comment ^_^. Godbless all of you!