4.Bad memories

Shawn pov

Six Months Ago

I was at the final of Canada Lacrosses Championship.We were against the Wild Cats of West Canada.Every year, we won the cup, but this year was a challenging.Without our main winker,James whose leg was injured a week before the game and we were losing the Wild Cats.Being the captain of Falcons, coach Gabriel relied on me.When one of the players had to exchange, I looked at the bench and found no one but only Matt sitting.

Matt had been sitting on the bench his whole life and I knew he would love to play as much as I do.His eyes lightened up when he met mine. "Falcons13, you're in,"I yelled at him.He grinned and ran to me and coach. "Are you sure you want to send him on the field?"coach Gabriel asked me for the last time. "He might get kill" he warned.But I wasn't aware of it and said, "He'll make it".All I knew was I wanted to show the whole school that Matt was also a player and he could play.That he wasn't a loser who always sits on the bench.I was totally wrong.

One of our teammates got the ball and threw it to me.I caught it before the Wild Cats could reach.Three Wild Cats lunged toward me and Matt was a few meters away from me. "Matt, catch it!"I shouted as threw the ball to him and it landed safely into his lacrosse stick.And he ran to the goal.I saw the whole Wild Cats running after him. "Matt, give me the ball!"Jeremiah shouted him as he was near the goal and noticed the danger.But Matt didn't listen and kept running toward the goal. "Matt, what are you doing?"i whispered. "Matt! Matt! Give the ball to Jere!"

I shouted as I ran to him.But I was late.The whole team of Wild Cats crushed into him like a hurricane.He was thrown a few meters away and blood were scattered around him.The game paused when they noticed him.I was the one who reached near him first.His head was bleeding and he was gasping. "Sh-Shawn?"he reached out my hand and I held him tight. "I'm sorry,Matt.I'm so sorry, I shouldn't let you play,"tears fell down from my eyes.Matt was about to say something but the medical assistants interrupted and took him to the hospital.

I couldn't come with him because of the game and we lost.Matt was in coma since that day and he hasn't woken up.His leg was broken and he could never play lacrosse again.I felt very guilty.He wasn't the one who should lay hopelessly in bed,i was the one who should.The day after the accident,I quit lacrosse but my parents want me to play it again in Beacon Hill because it'd give me scholarship for college.